You Stole My Heart Ch. 6

“Zayn?” I said unsure.

“Don't come in here!” I heard him call. “Shit, ouch.”
“Zayn.” I dropped my bag, walking into the kitchen. I stumbled to a stop, covering my mouth with my hands. “Zayn.” I breathed, shaking my head and he gave me a weak smile.

“Happy 3 months?” I dropped my hands, shaking my head and walking to him. “No, I have-“ I cut him off, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. Zayn was standing in front of the stove, my kitchen a mess as he cooked us dinner, an apron over his clothes and sauce on his cheek as the kitchen was practically filled with smoke.

“Please don't quit your career.” I begged, standing on my toes so he could hear my quiet request. He laughed, pulling away and I reached up, wiping his cheek.

“I tried to make what we had on our first night.” He said weakly as I wiped my thumb on the apron.

“That was very sweet.” I said giggling. “But you need to stay on the stage, not in the kitchen.” He ducked his head down in disappointment and I laughed, pulling him close. “You ruined my kitchen.” I said and he held me close.

“I’ll clean it up.” I laughed again, looking around the room in his arms.

“For the most part everything looks decent.” I tried.
“I ordered pizza.” He promised. “You don't have to play nice.”
“Good because everything looks like shit.” He laughed and I turned to him.

“Thanks anyways darling.” I laughed and he leaned down, kissing me softly.

“I can’t believe you remembered.” I hummed, pulling him closer than he already was. “I didn't know we were celebrating.” I added, placing my chin on his chest as he played with my hair that was down for once.

“I know the past month or so has been hard with everyone trying to find out about us.” He shrugged. “I just wanted to do something, forget about all of it. But you weren’t supposed to come home until later!” I laughed at his outburst. “Until I got the kitchen cleaned, got dinner sorted.” I laughed, pulling away and looking at his apron.
“You look kinda hot.” He laughed.
“Why thank you.” He pressed his lips onto mine and I smiled, pulling away. “No, no, no.” he shook his head and I smirked, his lips pressing to mine again, my arms wrapping around his neck as his hands gripped my waist. It had been almost a week since we last saw each other, him busy with recording while I was finally getting back to my job. When I came home, finding his car in my garage, I was beyond excited to finally see him. We talked daily of course, but seeing him was so much better than talking on the phone. I was slowly falling for him, I knew I was, and I was hoping he was falling for me too. The doorbell went off and he groaned, pulling away and putting his forehead to mine.

“I’ll get that.” I hummed, unwrapping my arms from around his neck. “Clean this up.” I ordered and he laughed, pulling the apron off him as I walked out of the room.

“Cat.” I turned around, him throwing his wallet at me and I rolled my eyes. “Cat.” He warned when I put his wallet down. “I’ll do it myself if you don't.” he warned as the doorbell went off again.

“Fine.” I glared, opening his wallet as I walked to the door.

“That’s going to be 29.14” I nodded, handing him 30 and I heard Zayn whistling in the kitchen. I took the three boxes, shutting the door behind me before walking into the kitchen.

“What did you get?” I asked, setting the boxes down and he turned them around, opening the lid.

“Hold on.” He complained, bumping me out of the way. “Stay.” He said over the lid, glaring at me and I rolled my eyes.