You Stole My Heart Ch. 9

I slammed my car door shut, causing Zayn to pick his head up and watch me fix the jacket I was wearing as I walked to him.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” I repeated, crossing my arms over my chest as I stared at him. “You’re heading back to Bradford?” I asked, staring at the suitcase he had put back on the ground when I came up.

“Yeah, for another week and then I’ll be back.”

“Oh.” I whispered, looking at my feet.

“You ok?” he asked, staring at me when I fell silent. I looked up at him as he walked to me, placing his hand on my elbow when I stayed quiet.

“I'm really sorry about yesterday.” I finally said and he laughed causing me to glance up at him. “How is that funny.”

“It’s ok, what you said was true.”

“Yeah but I didn't have to be so mean.” He laughed.

“I’m glad were on the same page.” He hummed and I stared up at him. He kissed my forehead and I sighed, opening my eyes to find him staring at me.

“I'm sorry about what I said about being a secret, I was just worried about everything because you seemed so distracted-“

“Cali.” He cut me off, pushing some hair behind my ear. “It’s ok love.” He said laughing. “I'm not mad.”

“You should be.” He rolled his eyes.

“I think you getting mad and mentioning how secretive I am is the least of my problems.” I closed my mouth, keeping myself from asking him one of the many questions going on in my mind. “Can we just forget what you said, forget what I haven’t said, and move on.” I hesitated. “Until I can uncomplicate it for you at least.” I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Yeah, that be great.” He smiled, kissing my forehead as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his waist, hearing him breathe a sigh of relief. “Are you leaving now?”

“Soon enough.” He sighed. “I was going to get dinner on the way, unless you wanted to order a pizza or something.”

“No, if you need to go.” I tried.

“Do you not want to stay with me after these two weeks apart?”

“I never said that.” He laughed. “I’ll stay.” He grinned.

“Good, I’ll get the pizza.”

* * *

“I love how festive your house is.” I cooed, leaning into Zayn.

“When have I had time.”

“So, you could do something, I'm surprised Louis hasn’t come by to decorate.” I looked around his bare living room, no Christmas decoration in sight, even though it was in a week or two.

“Would you like to decorate while I'm gone? Surprise me when I get back?”

“Give me a heads up and I’ll be sitting under the tree with a big pretty bow.” He laughed.

“Are you going to be my Christmas present?”

“One of them.”

“Oh you’re getting me multiple?”

“Well, as much as I can give a guy who has everything or can get everything in the drop of a hat.”

“It took a few hours and a slip of paper to get you, so I wouldn't say I can get everything.”