You Stole My Heart Ch 22

“So what happened?” she asked as we sat on the couch. “You’re married?” she confirmed and I nodded, giving her a smile. “Let me see the ring, tell me how he asked, tell me everything! Oh my god it’s so pretty.” I laughed, moving my fingers around so the huge ring on my finger caught the light. “It’s huge.” She added, looking up at me. “How did he find this?” I shook my head, looking at it in awe with her. “How did I not notice this on your finger?!” I laughed.

“No one did.” I admitted, playing with my hand after she dropped it and she gave me a weak smile.

“Tell me everything.” She breathed and I laughed.

“Um.” I took a deep breath, looking up at the ceiling trying to remember everything about it. “We landed and checked into the hotel at like, 6 am and he pulled me along on the beach and was babbling about people like John Legend and Justin Timberlake who could write these amazing songs for their wife or girlfriend but he couldn’t even tell the world about us in a tweet or interview because everything was so messed up.” I took a shaky breath. “And then he was like ‘I can’t even purpose to you properly’ and I was like ‘wait what’ and we stopped walking and he was babbling about how important I was to him and how much he loved me and he really hoped he knew me well enough because a little ways down this cabana was set up and he practically had a beach wedding waiting for us.” She awed. “And he had different dresses for me to choose from and in less than an hour I looked like I had been in a hair and makeup chair all day instead of 30 minutes after a plane ride.” I shook my head. “And we got married and the weekend getaway turned into a honeymoon.” I shrugged, smiling softly and Kelsey and I both glanced to my ring that I was playing with. “It was really amazing.”

“I'm really happy for you.” She said squeezing my hands. “I thought I wouldn't be, and I'm sure you did too by how you guys were acting.” I nodded. “But I'm really happy for you.”

“We talked about it when I kinda first told him about the weekend thing.” I said. “I said I’d marry him if he’d ask me the right way and he said when the time was right he would want to be tied down with me.” I shrugged. “I guess he asked the right way and it was the right time.” She hesitated.

“Sweetie, are you sure you guys didn't jump into this.” I nodded.

“I don't think we did.” I said. “When he asked me.” I hesitated. “I wasn't thinking, yes I can keep him now. I was thinking, Zayn’s asking me to marry him, holy shit.” She laughed and I gave her a weak smile. “I don't think we jumped into it.” I said softly. “We've been together almost 8 months; I’ve never felt this way about anyone before.” I laughed. “If you would’ve told me I was married to Zayn Malik before I turned 20 id laugh in your face, because one, how would I ever meet him, two I never planned on getting married before I was a certain age, and three.” I shook my head. “I can’t think of a third reason.” We laughed. “But even with all that, the age, the situation, who he is.” I shook my head. “I still love him, and I still am so happy to be married to him, even if it’s barely been a week.” Zayn came in by then, carrying pizza and breadsticks and he shot me a smile across the room making me laugh seeing him holding the breadstick bag in his teeth.

“Help me?” he asked and I laughed, getting up and grabbing the keys in his hands making him look at me with wide eyes. “Catalina.” Kelsey and I laughed as he shook his head, glaring at me as I took the breadsticks from him. “Helpless.” He hummed. “You would think it was your food so you’d take it but no you take the car keys.” I beamed and he rolled his eyes. “Helpless.” He repeated, poking my side and I smiled, taking a bite of the breadstick I had grabbed. “And selfish!” I laughed loudly, jumping on the counter and he shook his head, Kelsey coming in and watching us with a small smile on her face. We dug into the pizza and breadsticks, Zayn wiggling his way between my legs, placing his hand on my knee as he took a bite of my pizza when he thought I wasn't looking. “What did you guys talk about?”