You Stole My Heart Ch. 32

“I can’t believe you let me do that.” I whispered, covering my face with my hands. “Oh my god I just practically yelled and screamed at your mother and you let me do it!” I said with wide eyes.

“You did not scream at my mother.” He assured, rubbing my shoulders and I stared at him in the mirror. We were back home, barely making it out of desert alive. The media surrounded us as we went to our separate cars, heading home and walking upstairs. We were both quiet the whole way home, him breaking the silence as we walked upstairs, hesitantly asking if I was feeling alright.

“That was a total disaster.” I breathed, covering my face again.

“I thought you were amazing.” He tried, wrapping arms around my waist and pulling me close. “I’ve never seen you stand up for me like that, it was kinda hot.” I glared.

“Zayn.” I whispered and he sighed, looking at me in the mirror as I hesitated before turning in his arms. “I want your family to like me.” I whispered, staring up at him. “I want them to be happy I'm coming to family dinners, I want them to ask why I didn't come places. I don't want to be a burden and the reason behind tension.” I sighed. “That’s Shays job.” I complained, pressing my fingers to my temples, grumbling under my breath. “She’s the drama child, I'm the ‘let’s fix everything and make it nice’ one.” I sighed, feeling his hands rub up and down my arms. “I know the fans don't like me.” I whispered. “I know not everyone’s going to welcome me with open arms, and I know your family isn’t going to welcome me with open arms today, especially after tonight.” I sighed, looking up at him. “But it doesn’t mean I'm ok with it.”

“I know.” He whispered, pulling me into his chest and I sighed, gripping his shirt tightly, pressing my ear against his chest, closing my eyes. “I know I'm sorry.” He sighed. “Why don't we take a bath together?” he whispered. “Help you relax?” I shook my head, rolling my lips in my mouth.

“No, I'm just really tired.” I said softly, giving him a weak smile. “I just want one of your t shirts and I want to go to bed.” I looked up at him. “Please?”

“Sure.” He whispered giving me a small smile. He left the bathroom as I finished taking off my jewelry and make up, running my fingers through my hair before putting it up in a ponytail. He came back with a shirt and some Nike shorts making me smile.

“Thanks.” I put my back to him and he undid the zipper, letting the dress pool at my feet before I slid the shirt on, turning to him and taking his hand, leaving the shorts on the counter. I sat on the bed and he undressed before climbing under the covers, wrapping his arms around my waist and I put my head on his chest.

“I love you.” He whispered into my hair and I gave him a weak smile, looking up at him through my lashes.

“I love you too.” I said softly.

* * *

It was a matter of days until Zayn got fed up with me, it just so happened to be when we were packing for the weekend at his parents place.

“Every time I pack with you I think about right before everything happened and you kept giving me a fashion show.” He gave me a cheeky smile and I gave him a weak smile.

“Yeah.” I said softly, folding up a t shirt that he handed me. “I don't like thinking about it, but I do too.” I held my hand out for another shirt, waiting until I turned to look up at him wondering why he was taking so long to hand it to me.

“What has gotten into you?” he complained, staring at me with a shirt in his hands, clenching it tightly. I sighed, turning back to the suitcase, fixing it and counting up the shirts we had, making sure there wasn't too many already packed. “Catalina.” He said and I sighed, looking up at him. He gave me a ‘what are you doing right now’ face, shrugging his shoulders as I rolled my lips in my mouth.