You Stole My Heart Ch 24

So sorry about the wait! I just never really had a chance to sit and update until this weekend, and next weekend I’ll be taking a weekend trip so ill update a little later, most likely on Monday. Again, so sorry, but here’s some drama to make up for it?

Tessa avoided me the rest of the day, and I tried to talk to her the next day, walking up to her desk.

“Tessa, can we talk?” I begged and she looked at me, shaking her head.

“I don't have anything to say to you.”

“Tell me you’ll listen.” I begged. “Just let me explain.” She shook her head, taking a phone call and I glared, resting my hands on her desk, waiting. “Tessa his family took it well and their the reason behind all this bullshit.” I whispered when she hung up. “You knew, why are you taking this so hard?” I breathed. “You knew it was fake, and your acting like Shay or mum would react.”

“I thought you were the level headed Jones.” She said. “You don't go elope because your boyfriend is forced into a marriage with Shay.”

“You don't stand by and watch your boyfriend get forced into a marriage with Shay.” I said in the same tone. She gave me a look, ducking her head as someone walked by.

“I'm not having this conversation with you Catalina.” She said, turning away from me. “Go to work.”

“Tessa.”

“Go Catalina.” She said, avoiding my gaze. “Go.” She said and I gave her a look, staring at her before shaking my head, walking away.

* * *

I barely had time to put the car in park, leaving the keys in the ignition and jumping out of the car.

“I forgot you were coming home today.” I practically squealed, running to Zayn who chuckled, grabbing me as I launched myself at him practically.

“How could you forget? Weren’t you counting down the hours?” he teased, playing with the ends of my hair and I laughed, pulling away and looking down at him as I kept my legs wrapped around his waist.

“I was, but I was busy with work and it was bad and.” I shook my head. “You made my day, isn’t that amazing.” He chuckled and I kissed his lips, him gripping my chin and holding me to him.

“Did you leave my precious Bentley running?” he hummed and I gripped his hair making him chuckle.

“How long have you been home?” I asked, pushing some hair out of his eyes.

“A while.” He hesitated. “I locked my house keys and car keys in my car so I’ve been waiting on you.” I laughed, him biting his bottom lip. “Let me in?” I rolled my eyes.

“Tell me everything that happened?”

“Before or after sex?”

“Who said you were getting sex?” he glared and I laughed. “Put me down.” I hummed and he poked my sides.

“You gotta let go of me koala.” I rolled my eyes, getting out of his arms and landing on my feet. He chuckled, watching me walk to the car, shutting it off and coming back to him with my purse on my arm, looking at the keys.

“Are your range rover keys on here?” I asked and he shook his head, taking the keys out of my hands.

“Just the Bentley and house key.” He hummed and I nodded, following him up the front walk to the door.

“Where are the spare keys?” I asked, placing my purse on the counter, looking through the drawers.

“Over there somewhere.” He hummed and I rolled my eyes, his arms around my waist, his lips on my cheek. “I can get my stuff later.” I rolled my eyes at his tone.