B.2 Chapter Forty-Five

(Trigger warning: Read at your own discretion.)
---------------------------

(This chapter is in Emperor Cabel's perspective.)

I take a sip of wine, growing impatient as I wait for Luna. The thick wine flows down my throat as I swallow.
Instantly, a throbbing headache hits me. My body freezes as my limbs begin to tingle, my stomach burning like I've drank poison.
The glass sips out of my hand, smashing against the floor.
The view in front of me grows hazy as I try to stand, yet my body refuses to listen.
Unable to stay awake, I fall unconscious.

"What the hell?" I mutter, holding my head.
I look around to see a strange warehouse, the scent of iron hitting my nose.
I turn around to the direction of the smell, seeing a horrific view I never want to witness.
My eyes widen as I see Luna strapped to a metal table, a machine connected to it. An ugly man stands beside her, grinning repulsively.
My mind aches as I look on. The picture growing hazy as a throbbing sensation hits my chest.
I watch as the man pulls a lever.
Instantly, Luna releases a blood curdling scream.
I can't help but watch in fear and anger as electricity flows through her body.
"Luna!" I shout, horrified.
I try my best to get to her, yet each step I take, feels as though the scene grows farther away.
The man pulls the lever again, the sparks disappearing.
I tremble, unable to help her as I watch her wince in pain.
My eyes widen.
I stare at her clothes, the same white dress she was wearing when she was found in the forest.
The scene quickens, the images of Luna being tortured playing in front of me.
My body shakes from anger, frustration, and pain as I feel the head ache worsen.
The scene slows, showing me her body being brutally cut. The throbbing pain in my head grows more intense.
"Stop... Stop!" I scream, doing my best to reach her.
The image remains far away, never getting close.
I collapse to the ground on my knees, helpless as I watch her be tortured. Her screams filling my head along with a ringing.
I hold my head, unable to stay awake. The scene grows hazy each second as I do my best to fight through the pain of the headache.
I watch through blurry eyes, her face turning over to my direction.
"L-Luna!-" I exclaim, growing weak as a stinging pain moves through my body.
My eyes widen as her face becomes clear.
Her eyes empty with almost no light or vibrancy. Her complexion pale and exhausted as she stares to my direction.
Tears slowly drip down her cheeks, her lack of expression seeming like someone on their death bed.
I reach my hand out to her, wanting to hold her, wanting to wipe away her tears. Yet, all I can do is watch.
My chest aches as I look at her heart wrenchingly numbed look.

The scene changes.
Another bloodcurdling scream hits my ears.
I turn to see a different image in front of me.
Luna lies curled into a ball on a stone cold floor as she's beaten by knights, slashing their sheathed swords against her small frail body.
My eyes widen, watching the gruesome scene.
I close my eyes, holding my head.
"No, no! Stop!" I shout, trembling with anger as I watch the scenes of her abuse.
The screams quiet down, disappearing.

I look up to see I'm sitting in the corner of the dimmed dungeon.
I squint my eyes, looking in the darkness to see a figure lying on the ground.
The scent of iron filling the dungeon with sounds of metal shackles.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Please... I was wrong... I should have listened to you..."
The voice whispers, sniffling.
I look closely to see the figure's features.
The long golden blonde hair I love, the small petite body wearing a ripped blue dress. Her wrists and ankles chained in cuffs, and her face wet from tears and blood.
"Luna..." I call out, unable to hold back my tears.
I watch as she blankly looks at the distance.
Her eyes empty and cold again, tearing my heart painfully apart as she shows the same numbed expression.
"Please... I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Please... Please kill me."
My eyes widen as she whispers the words that lies within her expression.
"Luna..."
"Please... I want to die, I'm so tired..." She whispers, pained.
"Luna... P-Please hold on... Please, live for me if you can't live for yourself... I-I'll save you, so please wait for me!" I beg through my choked up throat.
My tears drip down my cheeks as I watch her numbly stare off into the distance.
Her eyes move, looking down at the cuffs on her wrists.
She sharply inhales a breath through her gritted teeth, pained as she forces her wrist against the cuff. Her tears fall down her cheeks as she groans, clenching her jaw as she rubs her wrist against the cuffs edge.
My eyes widen as the cuff edge scrapes and begins to slice her wrist, drawing blood.
"Luna please! Please, I beg of you stop! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I scream, holding my head as the scene tears me apart.
I try to run to her, trying to stop her from harming herself, but can't reach her.
The look of resolve in her eyes, the look of numbed sorrow and despair as she tries to let go of her life.
My chest aches, throbbing as I feel the smallest I've ever felt in my life.
My mind runs with images of her empty sad eyes, until a memory that was lost from childhood comes back to me.