Chapter Fifty-Seven

Cabel's tongue roughly intertwines with mine.
I grow hot as he deepens the kiss, my hands gripping his shirt.

'Is this how he would hold his future wife?'
I think to myself.
I close my eyes tighter as thoughts run wild through my mind. I tighten my grip, growing overwhelmed with fear.

'If I gave him my body, would he only want me?'
I push Cabel away, instinctively out of fear.
He looks down at me, his eyes glowing slightly as he wipes his mouth.
"Why are you pushing me away?"
"Cabel..." I whisper.
I'm cut off as his lips meet mine again.
I pant as he roughly kisses me. His hand runs up my bare thigh as I feel my chest ache.
Pushing him away again, his hand suddenly releases my thigh, pinning both my hands above my head.
I stare, taken aback as I feel his tight grip on my wrists, restraining my hands against the bed.
"Do you even know what I want?" His low voice growls in my ear.
He glares down at me with a dangerous glint in his eyes; like a predator toying with his prey.
"To beg to me in such a way, disgusts me." His eyes gently glow a dangerous enchanting deep red.
His lips kiss my neck, his wet tongue licking the nape of my neck, tasting me.
"C-Cabel, stop!" I call out.
"To beg to me, how can I refuse? I'll ravage you until you break." He growls out, mockingly.
His lips begin to move down, his tongue running over my skin, from my collarbone down to my chest.
I flinch attempting to release his grip on my hands.
"C-Cabel, I'm sorry! Please stop!" I shout, my eyes welling with tears.
Cabel's movements stop instantly. He hovers himself over me, looking down at my eyes.
"To seduce me in such a way, to make me use you as if I'm a monster, does it please you?"
Tears roll down my cheeks as I look up at the man who hovers above me, no longer the Cabel I knew, rather the cold emperor himself.
I avert my eyes, unable to look back at him or answer him.
"If you believe I'm the kind of monster to take advantage of a lady, who shakes in her boots while trying to seduce me, you must be a bigger monster than I to think of me as such." He releases my hands, moving back.
He lifts his fingers to my eyes, gingerly wiping my tears. He slides off of the bed as I lay trembling, laying his cape on me.
"To think I'm that kind of a monster in your eyes is a cruel joke." He coldly mutters.
I quietly sob as Cabel slams the room door behind him as he leaves.

I open my eyes, my eyes feeling sore as I look around the bright room.
I look to see I'm sleeping in the same position, Cabel's cape still covering me. I remove Cabel's cape, sitting up.
"I'm such a fool..." I sigh, my eyes tearing up.
Sliding out of bed, I make my way to the bathroom. I sit in the warm bath, staring at the pristine white bubbles around me.
"I'm such an idiot... I need to talk to him... I have to tell him my concerns."
I dress in a light pale pink chiffon gown with bishop sleeves. Magnolia styles my hair elegantly into a ponytail as I stare at hands reminded of Cabel's grip on them.
"My lady?" Magnolia calls out.
"Hm? Yes? Are you finished?" I reply.
"No, not yet... It's just that, you're making a troubled expression..."
I look into the mirror. My expression twisted into a confused pained one.
"Oh... Yes, I'm fine, just have some things on my mind is all." I smile.
"I see... You don't need to hide anything from me, my lady..."
"Hm? What would I need to hide?"
"I know I'm much younger than you, but I understand when people experience hardships... You don't need to smile when you feel sad, nor do you have to hide your pain, especially in front of me..."
"Thank you Maggie... I'm okay, I promise." I say, unable to truthfully reply to her.
"Yes, my lady. If you do wish to talk to someone, I'll always be here for you." Magnolia smiles brightly.
I give a small smile and nod.
"Thank you... Please do one thing while I'm gone."
"Yes! Of course, what is it my lady?"
"Please bring Jax some flowers... Be sure to enter the room with a guard and run when you need to..."
"Run? How come?"
"I'm just worried is all. Should anything happen though, run and call for other guards too."
"Yes, my lady."