B.2 Chapter Seventy-One

Almost a month passes, the wedding now only a week away.
I stand in my room, maids helping me change into a beautiful cream chiffon gown.
Two beauticians style my hair into an elegant curled up-do. They clip a gold vine headpiece on as other maids slide silk cream gloves on my hands.
More gold jewellery is carefully put on as maids slide my cream high heels on.

I look in the mirror, stunned by myself.

"Have I always been glowing like this?"
I think to myself, looking at my smooth soft skin.
"Lady Luna, you're finished." A beautician speaks, smiling kindly.
"Thank you." I smile, standing up.
Everyone leaves my bedroom, after bowing.
I look around at my boxed up belongings. I grow giddy as I think about moving into the shared room with Cabel.
I sit on my bed, sighing as I look around.
"It's almost time..." I mutter to myself.
I can't help but grow anxious as the wedding approaches quickly.
A ball is traditionally thrown before a wedding to allow friends and family to say goodbye to the 'singles', before they become a married couple.
I grow anxious and overwhelmed as I look at the clock. Only a few more hours until the sunset when the ball begins.
The traditional ball causing me to grow anxious as realization sets in that our wedding is near.
I stand, overwhelmed by the anxiety, pacing my room.
The past week, Cabel and I were made to stay apart from each other after sunset.
This is the first night we're able to spend the evening together, before we're unable to meet for another week until the wedding; even during the day.
I sigh, troubled.
Though it's tradition and I'm happy to follow it, I can't help but feel anxious.
Cabel's grown busier due to our wedding approaching since we'll take a month away from the empire, in order to go on our honeymoon.
Due to his increased schedule, we've hardly been able to meet the past week even during the day.

The window knocks.
I look over to see Cethin and Deimos.
I open the window, smiling as I feel my nerves calming down slightly.
"What are you guys doing here?" I ask, happily.
Cethin and Deimos slightly push and fight each other trying to come in first, Cethin quickly pushes Deimos's head down, jumping over him.
Deimos rolls his eyes entering too.
Cethin stands in a formal black and gold suit, his hair neatly done.
"Nothing much. There's a few more hours left, and you seemed anxious last time I saw you. Didn't want you to be holed up all alone and bored." Cethin grins, shrugging.
"That's sweet. Did both of you decide to drop by together?" I ask, surprised.
Deimos and Cethin glare at each other, rolling their eyes.

For some reason, they've both been 'sensitive' with each other ever since we dealt with the witch. They started out just ignoring each other, until now visibly showing their annoyance to each other.

"Me? A descendant planning with a mortal? Don't be absurd." Deimos scoffs, rolling his eyes.
"Firstly, I'm the best around, you should be honoured to even have anything to do with me. Secondly, your 'sister' here's a mortal too, so you shouldn't even bother being here if you're going to act like that. Thirdly, you're mortal too now so don't act all high and mighty." Cethin retorts, scoffing back as he sticks his tongue out.
"Then why are you guys together?" I ask, ignoring their bickering.
"Well, I, simply wanted to see my best friend." Cethin enunciates, glaring at Deimos.
"And, I, a descendant, wanted to see my sister." Deimos enunciates his words back, grinning at Cethin.
I giggle, shaking my head.
"You two need to calm down." I speak up, the anxiousness coming back.
I take a deep breath, sitting down.
"Woah, hey. You okay?" Cethin asks, kneeling in front of me.
I hold my head, growing dizzy.
"Yeah, I'm just anxious. Can I have some water?" I ask.
Cethin nods, quickly pouring a glass of water before handing it to me.
I take a few sips, feeling better, yet my uneasiness refusing to leave.
"Sister, are you okay?" Deimos asks.
I nod.
"Yes, sorry to worry you both. I'm just anxious about the wedding. It is soon after all." I smile, ignoring my uneasiness.
"It'll be okay." Cethin smiles, rubbing my back.
Deimos glares at Cethin, his tail shooting up, quickly beginning to rub my back too.
I stare at the both of them, surprised as they competitively begin to rub my back faster.
"Ah, o-okay, okay, stop. You're both going to ruin my dress." I stand, quickly stepping away from them.
"S-Sorry..." Cethin apologizes, realizing his mistake.
"I apologize..." Deimos bows his head down, his tail drooping.
Deimos's ears shoot up, his eyes move to focus on the door.
"What is it?" I ask.
"It appears you have a visitor." Deimos speaks.
"A visitor? Cabel?"
He shakes his head.
"No. They have a very weak aura. It's an insignificant mortal."
"Insignificant? That's rude to say." I scold Deimos.
"I apologize... It is however a plain mortal."
The door knocks.
Deimos stands, on guard.
"Shh. It's fine, relax." I roll my eyes, giggling.
I walk to the door, opening it.
A knight stands on the other side of the door, bowing his head.
"I greet the future empress."
"Yes, hello." I smile.
"Forgive me, there is a guest here who wishes to see you." He speaks up.
"A guest?"
I look back at the clock.
"Are they here for the ball? They're very early." I ask, confused.
"No, my lady. It's a woman, but she has shown an insignia of a high status from another kingdom, which is why I've allowed her to come in. I've brought the guest to a parlour room to wait, would you like to meet them or send them off?"
"Have they stated their name?"
"No, my lady. She said her name was irrelevant. She appears to be a captain."
I think to myself, taking a deep breath.
"Okay. Bring me to our guest." I nod, smiling.
"W-Wait, are you seriously just going to meet some stranger right now?" Cethin speaks up, surprised.
"They're from another kingdom, and also passed the guards at the entrance. They would be unarmed, but their insignia is from a high status. I should greet her at the very least." I smile, waving to them.

I follow the knight down the hallway, growing anxious as I think of the ball and wedding.
He bows, opening the door to the parlour.
My jaw drops in shock as I look in to see a kind older woman on the sofa.
She wears a cloak with a formal knights uniform underneath. Her hair tied up into a bun, and the familiar kind face I remember.
"Sylvan?..." I call out.
She looks back at me, her eyes watering.
"M-My lady..." She mumbles, standing up as she holds back her tears.
"Would you like me to stay, my lady?" The knight asks.
"N-No, please give us some privacy." I reply, stunned as I look back at her.
"Yes, my lady." The knight bows, leaving the parlour.
The door closes behind him.
I pause, looking back at Sylvan.
"I-Is it really you?" I call out.
She nods, holding back her tears.
"M-My lady... I... I've been so worried about you!" She exclaims, sobbing.
I can't help but cry as I run up to her cautiously.
I look up at her as she stands confidently in a knights uniform.
She looks down at me with her tear filled eyes, her hands reaching out. The back of her hands covered with faded scars.
The memory of watching her be punished in Avris coming to my mind as I remember the scars she had for years after.
I cry, jumping to hug her as she hugs me back.