Chapter Thirteen

Emperor Cabel stands in front of a mirror, blankly staring at his reflection in a daze.
Butlers help him get dressed, cautiously placing accessories on him.
He wears a white suit with gold trimmings and black accenting. His outfit is finished with a crimson red cape tied around his shoulders. His hair slicked back messily, with a few bang hairs hung in front of his forehead.
The emperor's piercing eyes watch the mirror, analyzing the movements of the servants. His eyes dart to Lance who stands in the back of the room, who's deep in his thoughts.

"All of you out, except for Lance." Emperor Cabel coldly spits out.
The servants quickly leave the room, leaving Lance alone.

"Out with it, you've been staring like you want to speak." Emperor Cabel adjusts his cuffs and cravat.
"Your highness... I don't need to warn you, but you should do your best to distance yourself from Lady Luna." Lance speaks, staring at the emperor with concerned eyes.
"I'm well aware." He pauses, deeply thinking, "How idiotic. When she talks and smiles, it makes me forget which part I'm playing."
Emperor Cabel emptily stares back at himself in the mirror.
"Yes, but she only knows Hayden-"
"I know. Yet she made someone like me, walk with my own legs to visit her. To simply talk and listen." Emperor Cabel scowls in disgust.
"Your highness, this is very confusing. If you wish to meet Lady Luna, you can request-"
"I don't, not like this... She'll react differently. She's opened herself up to Hayden, I'm only a stranger to her." Emperor Cabel sits on a sofa, irritated.
Lance gives a small gentle smile and approaches.

"With all due respect, even if she's friendly with Hayden, you could have her open herself up to you. Your mana will deplete the longer you stay transformed, one day it'll run out and you'll turn back to yourself, possibly in front of her. Eventually she'll find out."
"I'm aware of that, yet each passing second with her makes me forget who I am. I want to get her out of my mind, I've thought about killing her, taking her life so she ceases to exist-" Emperor Cabel pauses as he stares at his gloved white hand.
A brief look of disgust on his expression at the thought of harming Luna.
"If that's what you wish, I could inform the guards-"
"Enough. None of that. Do not speak to anyone of this."
"Yes, your highness."
"Tsk, you're bothering me, go check on the decorations or something." Emperor Cabel furrows his brows, rubbing the temples of his forehead.
"Understood. May glory of Helios rest upon you." Lance smiles, leaving the room.
"What a repulsive thought." Emperor Cabel whispers to himself, sighing.