B.2 Chapter Seventy-Seven

I sit in my dressing room, nervous.
Lucia and Maria fix my gown, while Jane and Mila style my hair and add finishing touches to my makeup.
I sit in a white extravagant wedding gown, diamond accessories placed onto my neck with white gloves slide onto my arms.
Sylvan, Magnolia, Deimos, the marchioness, Dulcie, and the assassins all sit in my dressing room, waiting for me.
Everyone sits around, dressed in formal attire.
"Sister, have some tea." Deimos speaks, looking over to Magnolia.
Magnolia pours tea, quickly handing me it.
"Thank you." I smile, taking a sip.
"Luna, are you nervous?" Petunia asks.
"I suppose I am. This is a lot to deal with." I nod, taking a shaky breath.
"Every bride has jitters. You should focus that at the end of the aisle, someone who loves you will be waiting for you." Sylvan smiles, holding my hand.
"I know... But it's also me being crowned as empress... I just wish I could see Cabel." I sigh.
"Chicky, listen, you'll have the rest of your life to be with him. I know it's hard, but you're about to see him." Cethin smiles, trying to ease my mind.
"It's not just that." I sigh, standing up.
I pace the room, nervous.
"My lady?" Magnolia calls out.
"It's just... Sorry, could you all just give me a moment alone?" I smile, reassuring them.
They give me a small nod, leaving the room.
I take a deep breath, relaxing as they leave. I tremble slightly, pacing the room.
Worries run through my mind as I think. Doubt and confusion hitting me.

The door knocks as I grow lost in my anxiousness.
"Sorry, I just want a moment longer to be alone." I call out.

"Luna?"
I freeze, recognizing Cabel's voice.
"Isn't it bad luck to see your bride before the wedding?" I call out, surprised.
"I won't look. Could you just open the door for me?"
I take a deep breath, walking to the door.
I open the door, Cabel stands in a white pristine shirt and pants, but blindfolded.
"W-What? Cabel? What are you doing?" I ask.
He smiles, holding out his hand.
He holds out a beautiful bouquet of flowers, filled with red, yellow, and white flowers.
"Cabel?... What are these?"
"I heard that my bride was nervous... It's scary to inherit the throne, I know that fear all too well, but you're not alone... I'll be by your side to help you, even when you get anxious."
I tear up, taking the flowers from his hand.
"You'll need to speak, I can't read your expressions." Cabel snickers.
"I-I love you." I mutter, touched as I smell the sweet aroma.
I approach him, hugging him.
His arms wrap around me as he holds me tightly.
"Will you give me a gift too? It's not tradition for the groom to receive a gift from the bride but-"
I cut him off, kissing him.
He kisses me back, cupping my cheek.
I pull away.
"I was going to say if I could stay with you longer, but I like that gift too." He grins, amused.
I feel my cheeks flush from embarrassment.
"J-Just go, you should finish getting ready." I exclaim, embarrassed.
Cabel pulls me into him, kissing me deeply.
"If only I could see your adorable expression." Cabel grins, kissing my forehead, "I can't wait to see you, my bride."
Cabel backs away, bowing his head.
"Thank you, Cabel..." I smile.
He nods, flashing a grin.
"Lance?" Cabel calls out.
Lance walks from the corner and bows, wearing a formal suit too.
"My lady." Lance smiles.
He closes the door to my dressing room, Cabel waving as the door closes.
I look down at the bouquet, my nerves calmed.
I smile, prepared for the wedding.

I stand in the hallway of the chapel.
The chapel beautifully decorated with white flowers, and vines strung over the ceilings and walls.
Sylvan stands beside me, smiling as she holds my hand.
"Luna... I love you. I only wish I could have been your real mother." Sylvan smiles.
I shake my head.
"No, you are my mother. You raised me, cared for me, and loved me more than anyone who was my 'family'." I rub my thumb over the scars that are visible on her hand, "You even protected me no matter the consequences... You aren't my birth mother, but that means so little when you've always been a mother to me."
Sylvan smiles, her eyes tearing up.
"Yo, no time for crying, we just spent hours waiting for you to do your makeup." Cethin shakes his head, whispering to us.
He stands beside Jax as they wear formal suits, holding a pillow with rings.
"Okay, sorry." I giggle.
Gentle music begins playing.
I steel my nerves, watching as Magnolia enter with Xal first.
They spread flower petals on the aisle.
Xal plays around as he sprinkles petals onto Magnolia, who giggles throwing petals back at him.
"Ready?" Sylvan asks.
I nod.
Sylvan fixes my veil, holding my hand tightly.
Petunia and Riddle enter together, Riddle's face slightly flushed as they walk with their arms linked, carrying a gold chalice and wine.
Eli enters walking with Deimos.
I take a deep breath, holding the bouquet Cabel brought me.
I watch as Cethin and Jax enter.
Sylvan squeezes my hand, smiling.
The music changes, guests beginning to stand.
"This is it." I whisper, my lips turned upwards into an excited and nervous smile.
Sylvan nods.
Sheer white curtains are pulled to the side as we step out.
I look up to see Cabel down the aisle, standing in a white suit, and a white long cape. He smiles.