B.2 Chapter Fifty-Two

Esmerelda walks outside, wandering the garden.
She winces in pain, coughing and hacking into her palm.
Neon green liquid covers her hand, her complexion growing pale.
"I shouldn't have tried to take that bitch's soul... Getting too close to her almost killed me..." She mutters, gritting her teeth.
She takes out multiple cracked lapis crystals from her pocket. She stares at them before hacking again.
"I can't die before I finish my revenge... I need his soul... I can't wait any longer." Esmerelda mutters, a raspy voice coming out of her throat.
She crushes the broken crystals in her hand, the remnants dropping to the grass.
Removing a lapis necklace, hidden from under her clothes, she tightly grasps it.
She mutters a spell, causing the necklace to glow in her palm. A dark gold haze rises from it, entering her chest.
"That little brat's soul is too weak to sustain me... To think her sister would be a damned healer. I need a stronger soul. I need more."
Her eyes glow neon green as she grits her teeth. Her teeth beginning to form into sharp fangs.

Emperor Cabel sits still, his eyes dull as he gazes into the distance.
Esmerelda stands behind him.
His aura runs wild as Esmerelda holds him close from behind, her form changed into a beast.
"More. I need more. He's still too strong. I can't take his soul like this." The beast mutters, growing angry.
"If that fool did it right, I wouldn't be so weak." The beast looks down at its hands.
Its heavy aura, mixing with the emperor's aura. Its eyes glow lime green as it holds his jaw, tilting his face towards it.
"I'll just have to make do with this. I have time." The beast mutters, inhaling his mana.
Soon, the door knocks.
The beast's claws, black fur as well as its teeth and size, transforming.
Petite Esmerelda stands normally, moving to open the door.
"Yes?" She calls out, opening the door.
Marquess Simone stands there, expressionless as he bows his head.
"Good evening. Is his highness here?" He asks.
"Oh, we were enjoying some refreshments! Please, come in!" Esmerelda steps aside, letting Marquess Simone in.
Her pupils dilate, her complexion becoming instantly pale. Her eyes glow vividly as she glances at a direction.
Unseen by normal eyes, Esmerelda stares at the gold aura, filling the hallway.
She quickly closes the door. The golden aura seeping into the office, causing Esmerelda to tremble slightly.
"Good evening, your highness." Marquess Simone bows, kindly speaking.
"Why have you come?" Emperor Cabel questions.
"I was here to gather some documents, and decided I should give you my greetings before leaving. I apologize for being unable to attend our last meeting."
"It wasn't much you missed." Emperor Cabel shrugs, picking up his glass of wine.
Marquess Simone glances at Esmerelda who calmly walks over, sitting beside Emperor Cabel.
"Yes, well, I suppose I should be going. I look forward to our next meeting." Marquess Simone smiles, bowing, "Lady Esmerelda, it was lovely seeing you. Your highness, may glory of Helios rest upon you."
Marquess Simone walks away, leaving the office. His eyes sharply looking back at Esmerelda.
The office doors close once the marquess leaves.
"That damned marquess..." Esmerelda mutters, her eyes filled with rage as they glow, "He's helping that bitch."
She thinks to himself as Emperor Cabel calmly sips his drink, emotionless as he looks off into the distance.
Thunder strikes outside as the rain pummels down.
Esmerelda's expression grows pleased, chaotically grinning as she turns to the emperor.
"Your highness?" Esmerelda calls out in a sultry voice.
"What is it?" He blankly responds.
"Do you wish to keep me by your side?"
"Of course."
"Will you die for me?"
"Of course." He responds, emotionless again.
Esmerelda grins.
"Do you love me?"
Emperor Cabel pauses, his mouth opens yet words don't come out.
"Your highness, do you love me?" Esmerelda asks, her voice growing irritated.
"I love..." Emperor Cabel trails off, unable to finish his sentence.
Esmerelda growls, her hands transforming into long claws, gripping his throat as she pins him onto the couch.
"You love only me. You will be my tool, so I suggest you listen to me well." Esmerelda aggressively speaks, her voice turning deep and raspy.
Emperor Cabel looks back at her, his eyes empty and dull.
He nods.
"Good. That's good, you're mine. I need you, so don't hesitate to love me."
He pauses, nodding again.
She grits her teeth.
"... Announce that Luna should be killed on sight to the public. Understand?" Esmerelda grins, her face contorting menacingly.
"Luna will be killed-" Emperor Cabel hesitates, unable to finish her command.
"Understand?" Esmerelda's voice irritatingly speaks.
Emperor Cabel remains silent, his dimmed eyes flickering as a vibrance returns.
"L-Luna... Luna..." He whispers.
Esmerelda grits her teeth.
"Adormit." She speaks.
His eyes close as she speaks the command. A few seconds go by as he opens his dull eyes again.
"Let's try this again... Luna will be arrested, and brought back here to be imprisoned. I'm the only one who can meet her, no one else. Understand?"
"Luna will be imprisoned." Emperor Cabel's eyes glow, repeating her command.
"Good." She releases his grip on his bruised throat, stroking his cheek before pulling away.
"Now what to do about getting his soul..." Esmerelda stands, staring down at Emperor Cabel.
He sits up, unemotionally.
"Damned bastard. It'll be easier if you loved me. You're probably struggling in there aren't you?" She gazes into his dull eyes, "I need to be patient. Your soul will be mine, your resolve to live will break the longer you stay there. Your fears and nightmares will drive you to insanity sooner or later."
Esmerelda grins, watching Emperor Cabel sit still as a doll.