Chapter 7: Favorite Icecream

"Great. I'll be waiting in the shop. Finish your work here and then get me a cup" he says with his hands in his pocket and starts strolling back towards the entrance.

"Hey! Wait! Yah" I scream behind him but he doesn't pay any attention to me.

When I nodded, I assumed he would wait here and I would just bring him a cup of ice cream outside and not him walk into the store.

Afraid that he is a thief, I quickly run after him, my short legs barely keeping up with his long stride.

How long are his legs?

Is he that fast? Or am I out of shape?

By the time I enter the shop, I am heaving but he sits in one corner casually, humming a song and tapping his fingers on the table.

"Yah! Get up, you'll get the milkshake all over here. I just cleaned up" I scold him and as I pointed out something shocking to him.

He stares at himself, studying his attire.

Slowly, a realization hits him as his eyes widen. His mouth forms a small 'o'.

He's definitely not the brightest crayon in the box.

Why is my day going like this?

Who's face did I see today first thing in the morning?

"Oh sorry. Can you lend me some clothes?" he asks casually and I instantly raise my hands over my chest in a cross.

Does he think we are friends?

Did he forget he was accusing me and calling me whatnot, just a few moments ago?

I need to get away from this weirdo.

I take a step back and he rolls his eyes and lets out an annoying sigh.

"What are you doing? I meant is there an extra pair of uniforms I can borrow? I'll return it tomorrow. I don't want clothes from your body, you psychopath" he states as he gets up from his seat.

"I didn't think you mean that before you uttered your last sentence," I say and take another step back.

He rolls his eyes again.

I inspect around him to check whether there are any stains.

Thankfully none.

But the way milkshake is dripping from his head, I won't be surprised if he stains the tables or booth soon.

"Do you think we are friends now? I hope you didn't forget that you were calling me a stalker. You can't expect me to serve you like you're just another kind customer" I scold him.

When I don't move from my position and just stare at him, he sighs again.

"Come on, you owe me this much for eavesdropping on my conversation and witnessing my weak moment" he shrugs and I flinch.

Weak moment, my ass.

He was kicking and punching garbage bins, cursing out his mind.

He just pouts and looks at me expectantly, like he is right and I should help him.

Well, I did eavesdrop, weak moment or not.

I huff in annoyance and tell him to follow me.

I turn on a small light and search for some clothes in the lost and found pile. I don't expect to find anything there but I still search, just in case.

Finally, giving up on the lost and found section I walk to the supply cabinet and search for an extra uniform. There must be a few extra uniforms here.