Chapter 16 - Spilled Coffee

I am instantly hit with the smells of something sweet like vanilla and floral with a hint of something bitter.

The bitter scent soon overpowers my senses as I realize it to be coffee.

As if on cue, my senses catch up.

My front feels wet, a little too cold for my liking.

I search around from where I am splayed to make sense of the situation.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry. I am so sorry. I shouldn't have been on my phone while walking" a voice echoes in my head but right now my focus is elsewhere.

I am staring at the white shirt and the blazer that spilled out of my bag when I fell.

The once white shirt was now stained with coffee and the blazer was completely soiled as well.

I couldn't help but feel tears sting my eyes.

This couldn't possibly be happening to me.

this really couldn't be happening.

I just paid for the dress and it was already ruined. If this wasn't my luck then I don't know what is. Also, this was like my future being forecasted right now.

I felt my vision blur as hot tears streamed down my face.

I am sure the shop will not take this back. I don't even know if I can get it cleaned.

Can coffee stains be removed from white shirts?

I didn't even know what material the shirt was made of. The urge to google whether coffee stains are removable was tempting.

I had to move quickly.

I had to get to the cleaners before the stain set.

Maybe then it could still be salvaged.

That was how it was usually with other stains so why not coffee?

I am sure if I ride my bike fast enough, I can reach the cleaners in my neighborhood before the stain sets in completely.

I scramble to my hands and knees and collect my belongings quickly.

I don't even pay heed to the voice behind me.

I have to move quickly.

And this is not the time to cry, Yuri.

But even as I am hatching out a mental plan of the shortest route to the cleaners and giving myself a pep talk about how everything will be fine, the tears sting my eyes.

I feel the hot liquid finally spill over my eyes and onto my cheeks, the presentation made stark by the constant gust of cold wind from the central aircon.

I feel the presence of more and more people gathering around me and whispers floating around.

Great.

This is just what my day needed.

Was there anything else I could do to gather more attention towards me?

And why were these stubborn tears not listening to me? I can't keep crying like this.

"Are you crying?" a soft voice asks when I finally turn to face the voice.

A very pretty boy with a pout and wide eyes stares at me.

He looks almost scared, not sure what to do in the situation.

Same pretty boy, same.

I don't know what to do either.

As if spilling coffee and creating a scene wasn't enough, I had to do it on a pretty boy and embarrass myself further.