Chapter 8: Changes

This guy was giving me all sorts of vibes.

And... none were turning out to be too good.

"She studies in the same school as me. Well, she did. She is older than me. She graduated last year. Also, we dated for a brief while" he smirks at me and I roll my eyes at him.

I am not sure if he is telling the truth.

His outfit was similar to the Royals High's uniform but he wasn't wearing any tie and instead of a blazer he was wearing a leather jacket.

Maybe he was just an impostor.

Who knows?

"You did not tell me your name till now," he says with a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth.

Gross.

I just settle myself further in the seat opposite him and relax my posture.

"That's because I don't want you to know my name" I scoff and pull the jacket closer around me.

I am glad that I am wearing the jacket over my uniform.

It is the only thing that is hiding my name tag.

I don't want this boy to know my name. I don't know who he is.

What if he starts harassing me after this?

I don't want to take the risk.

"And why is that?" he asks with his eyebrows pulled together, his lips forming a pout.

He looks genuinely confused.

His behaviour now is such a contrast to the person who was yelling at that girl and being a dick. I am sure he is still a dick but at least now it is more managable.

I stare at his lips. He is chewing on his lower lip absentmidedly, waiting for my answer.

How could a guy's lips be so red naturally? I am jealous.

I quickly discard that thought.

Don't let his handsome looks fool you, Yuri. Just get out as fast as you can.

"Because I don't know you" I state the obvious. He just chuckles and haves another spoonful of ice-cream. I look at his cup. It is almost empty. He will be done soon, thank god.

"You know my name already. Yeonjun" he states as a matter of fact.

"So?" I ask him, waiting for him to explain something further.

"And you definitely witnessed my most recent breakup and a smoothie being thrown at face. A new low for me, I'll admit. I would say you know me quiet well" he snickers and that smile of his, that makes chills run down my spine returns.

I sit up straight.

"And I told you already that I didn't mean to listen in. I was just there to dump the garbage" I huff out.

"But you stayed behind. That means you were interested in the conversation" he points his spoon at me and the smile never leaves his face.

Shit, he's got a point there.

I just keep quiet because I don't have a comeback.

He looks just as much handsome as he looks terrifying when he smiles this way.

Something about that smiles makes me want to take another step back from him but I remain seated.

Satisfied with my silence he goes back to eating his ice cream as I sit opposite to him, staring at him like creep.

His wet hair falls on his forehead repeatedly when he bends down and runs his hands through his hair when he straightens up.

I wasn't lying when I said that he was the most handsome boy I had ever seen but then why did he look equally terrifying?

Shut up.

Why am I noticing him too much?

Just look away.

Look away.

Look at the street and how boring it is.

Think about the amount of studies I'll have to do this year.

Finally when he is done with his last bite I jump from my seat and do not wait for him as I snatch away the cup and throw it in the trash.

His wide eyes are enough for me to know he wasn't expecting me to react this way but I am wearing thin on my patience.

"So you're done. Now we can leave" I smile sweetly at him, standing beside him and he cocks his head to the side.

I wait for him to get up.

He finally does, the chair screeching behind him as he stands to his feet.

Now that he stands so close to me, I realize just how tall this boy is.

He if definitely over 6 ft.

Maybe he is not a high-school student. Maybe he really is an impostor.

"Here, thanks for the ice-cream" he hands me a bill.

"No, it's okay. It's on me. Take it as my apology" I say and shake my head.

His head does the side tilt thing again. I have noticed he does this whenever he is confused.

He smiles again and catches my hand suddenly, placing the bill on my hand.

"Then take it as a fee for spending time with me and keeping me company. I didn't want to go home early" he speaks and winks.

Now it is my turn to look at him, confused.

So he was just fooling around here because he didn't want to go home?

What the actual hell?

"So you wasted my time here for your entertainment?" I am seriously about to kill him right now.

"No, not for my entertainment. You're not that entertaining" He shrugs.

But before I can open my mouth to make him hear an earful, he turns and leaves without another word.

My brain has trouble coping up and I stand there dumbfounded.

The bell dings when he leaves and only then I look at the crumpled bill in my hand.

My eyes widen.

This is too much.

I rush out, hoping to tell him that he needs to take back his change.

This is much more than the actual bill but by the time I am out of the shop I hear the distant roar of the engine, fading quickly as the seconds pass.

I look at the black bike, almost a dark cloud on the street as it passes by.

How will I return him his change?