Chapter 45 - Royals

"What?" That is all I manage to speak.

I guess I have lost my voice along with my mind.

This is extremely bizarre.

Maybe there has been some miscommunication and Saehi does not have the correct information even though she has been here from the start and I joined maybe a month back give or take a week.

"But... Yeonjun.He's the..." I can't even finish the sentence.

"Who told you Yeonjun was the successor?" she counters and I am still shaking my head in denial.

"San. San told me to stay away from him and not piss him off because he is the heir to the Choi Group. How can Soobin..." I hold my head in my hand and try to focus on my breathing so as to not hyperventilate.

"That has to be wrong? I mean, you have it all wrong" I deny and shake my head.

Saehi just looks at me with mixed emotions, many questions floating over her eyes but she doesn't voice them out.

I am thankful for that. I don't think I am in the right state of mind to answer her questions right now.

"No honey, they are brothers," she says almost apologetically.

I stare at the sky and curse the Gods who have put me in this position.

I am so stupid!

They have the same surname.

How could this thought never cross my mind? They hung out together, they knew each other. Why did I never think that they might be related?

But can you really blame me?

All three of them are so different from each other, how was I ever to know that they were brothers? And even on news about the Choi group, only one son was talked about. How was I supposed to know there are three?

Don't tell me Taehyun and Kai are cousins.

I will puke.

"I think I am going to be sick," I say and hold my stomach.

Not only had I pissed off one of the inheritors of the organization that was responsible for my scholarship but completely embarrassed myself in front of another and cried and made another brother pay for damages.

This day was progressively getting worse and I think I might have a panic attack at this rate.

"I don't know what has happened between you and them but I'll set my question for another time. You clearly have a lot to process right now," she speaks in a soothing voice but it is anything but soothing.

I slip my back down the wall and sit leaning against it. I need to take a breather. Saehi follows me and we sit there quietly looking ahead at the sky above and the school below us.

"How many are there?" I ask after a stretch of silence when I have finally collected my scattered thought enough to form a tangible sentence.

"Three brothers, that's it," she says and I shake my head.

"How many with leather jackets?" Clearly, you had to be related to the Choi's to wear the leather jackets. How many people have pissed off or made a fool out of myself in front of?

"The Royals?" She asks and I nod.

"Well, there are only 4, sorry 5 now" she muses to herself and I look at her with a stone-cold expression.

I have already met Yeonjun, Soobin, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Kai. I have seen all of them wear leather jackets one or some other time. They were 5 people.

What was Saehi getting at?

"Are you sure there is no one else who wears those jackets?" I counter to make sure she is not forgetting someone.

I am not sure whether I want there to be more people or not.

"Did you Read about the founding fathers of the School?" she asks and I nod.

The story of 4 best friends coming back from college overseas and dreaming of a place like that for their country so that people from their country didn't have to go outside their nation.

Together, they came to make this school and increase the education level in the country and give future students a different means of education. To show them a different light and level of education.

The story was very similar to that of Hogwarts, to be honest, and probably why I remember the story clearly.

"The leather jackets have been designed since then" she notifies and I just stare at her.

"Do you remember their names? The founders?" Saehi asks me and I shake my head.

I had read about them and I knew the main hall had portraits of them on the wall but I couldn't recall it. I have come across their names multiple times but now my head is spinning and it is a lot of information to take in.

And why was Saehi going on about the founding fathers of this school when I asked about the Royals?

I knew Choi Group was the majority of the board but why was I getting a history lesson from her?

"Well, the story differs a little from what you know. They were 2 brothers and 2 friends who grew up together. They had the money to spare and so decided to make a school where they could put their kids so that they get the best of everything" she stops to stare at my face.

"I know all about it because of how much my father is obsessed with the Royals" she shrugs.

I remember San telling me that Saehi's dad was a web developer who sold a lot of his apps to the Choi Group.

Her father had also studied at Royal High.

"The two brothers? The founders of not only Royals High but also The Choi Group" she shrugs and the nauseous feeling of puking out my nonexistent food in my stomach come back up.

"And the two other friends? third, being a small tech entrepreneur which is today known as The Kang Technologies, the biggest android supplier in the world" she pauses to look at me and I am sure I resemble a sick patient right now.

"And finally, the fourth and the last friend was the international superstar from the ultimate Hollywood royalty, now a legacy, the Huening family."

I put my head in between my legs and try to control my breathing.

I breathe in and out and in and out.

I reply to every little thing in my head from my interactions with each of them.

I try to find every small mistake I might have made

"So you're telling me, Taehyun, Kang Taehyun is the inheritor of Kang Technologies, the leading android company" I pause and she nods.

"And Kai, Huening Kai is the descendant of a Hollywood legend?" she nods again.

"And of course, we have already established the Choi Brothers. The three who own the Choi group" I huff out.

"Well, the Choi family is a little more complicated than that... "

"They are still the inheritors?" I ask and she nods again.

"Yep"

"Then it doesn't matter if it's complicated"

"Are they called Royals because they descent straight from the founding fathers of the school?"

"Yep"

"So basically they not only own the school, they basically own the world?"

"Yep. They are the Royals" she pops her 'p' and I really think I am going to be sick.

I want to hurl.

A/n: the big reveal!!!!