Chapter 54 - Run

"What the fuck do you think you're doing to her?" the girl behind me freezes and then drops her hand. I rub the back of my head to ease the pain as much as I can.

"Who the hell are you?" one of the guys steps in front of me but the girl pulls on his hand.

"Yah, come back. He is the older brother" she whispers, her voice laced with panic.

"What? What are you talking about?" he challenges.

"He is Yeonjun. Yeonjun Choi. He is the older brother" I see the boy's face slowly pale as some sort of realization hits him. If this were a cartoon, I swear he would have broken out in visible cold sweats.

"I- I" the boy stutters but the boy in front of me with pink hair stops him with a wave of a dismissive hand and a deep frown.

"Save the apology and ass-kissing for someone who cares. Get out of here while I am feeling generous. Might not let you off the hook if I change my mind" Yeonjun threatens and the group exchange glances as if weighing their options before finally deciding the best option is to leave.

I can finally breathe a lung full of air when they leave.

I look up to see Yeonjun frowning at me.

Before I can open my mouth to thank him he cuts me off.

"What the hell were you thinking? And why are you here alone? In the dark might I add?" he scolds.

I am a little taken aback. Does he sound concerned? I must have read it wrong. Cause I cannot picture Choi Yeonjun being concerned for me in any possible universe.

"Do you always have a knack for being in the wrong place? Or are you just plain dumb?" His sentence brings me out of my inner monologue and I instantly get defensive.

"Ah, there you go again. I was just about to say thank you but of course, you have to prove you're an ass" I argue and his eyes widen a bit, as if he was not expecting this response from me.

I don't even know where the sentence came from. Maybe my body is still running on adrenaline my body released during the recent encounters with that group.

"You are dumb, aren't you? I regret saving you"

"Huh? Who said I needed saving?" I argue. I did need help but I am not going to admit it because he is so conceited it irks me to no extent. I want to get under his skin as much as he does to me.

Although I am not even sure why.

"Yeah yeah. It definitely looked like you did not need any help. You guys were enjoying yourself so much, that if I had not intervened, I am sure you guys would be holding hands and running around in circles laughing. Don't tell me you didn't plan your weekends with them?" he feigns a gasp and I want to sucker punch him.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I sigh.

Why do I keep running into him? And that too in the most unfortunate circumstances? Why does the Universe always do this to me?

"What am I doing here? Have you been here before?" he scoffs and I look around my surroundings.

Now that I think about it, I have never been to this part of the school. This area was behind the student activity center and a few feet away was the boundary wall.

I look at Yeonjun and he is standing in front of me tapping his foot impatiently waiting for my answer.

"No, I have not" I admit in a small voice.

I don't know why I felt like I had done something wrong. It wasn't like I was standing near a dingy corner or something. This area was well lit and everything seemed fine.