Chapter 42 - Reality Check

"Why are you crying?"

"What party are you talking about?" both of our voices speak out at the same time.

I take a deep breath and quickly wipe off my eyes. There was some miscommunication on both ends.

What is my mother talking about?

"Can you please explain who came by our house before? And when did they come by?" I ask trying to clear up my expression as I say the words.

"First explain why are you crying at the name of someone from your school. Are you being bullied at school? Does San not help you?" she bombarded me with questions.

"I am not being bullied," I say to appease her.

Technically I am not being bullied. We did come to a truce but right now I am not sure what he said to my mom so we'll revise that later on.

"And San is there for me. He is a year older and a senior. He has a lot on his plate as well so please don't say anything to him. He is a good friend" I continue.

My answer seems to calm her down and her previous worried expression again morphs into a stoic one.

"Do you want to elaborate on who stopped by?" I ask her again.

"A boy from your school" I wait for her to explain but she doesn't. She seems to be lost in her own thoughts processing god knows what information.

Her statement clarifies at least that whoever came by was a student.

A male student.

"Which boy? And what time he come by?" I ask specific questions hoping I can figure out who actually came by unannounced.

The only interactions I have had with students in Royals High revolve around San's friends and the Royals.

The chances of anyone from that group showing up at my house are less except Yeonjun. But then again I can't picture him here. He would probably send someone else in his place, his chauffeur maybe, to deliver a message.

And as for San's friends, well I didn't know any party they were throwing and they were not pretentious enough o make an invitation with the monogram.

"He came by a couple of hours ago. At first, I thought he was your classmate but then he told me he is a senior." She takes another pregnant pause.

I am holding the edges of my table to keep myself calm. Yeonjun came by the cafe an hour before I returned home. And the cafe is near to my house, even nearer on a motorcycle. It would have given him enough time to come to my house and then go to Hive.

Shit.

"Did you catch his name? Why did he come here? Did he have pink hair?" I fire questions at a rapid pace.

"Pink hair? No! Why do you know people with pink hair? Yuri, what kind of crowd are you hanging out with?" fires back at me.

It wasn't Yeonjun?

Now I am even more confused. It wasn't Yeonjun who came here. Then who?

I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't even know I was holding.

"Yuri, answer me. Who is this with pink hair? What kind of people are you hanging out with?" she has an almost dejected look on her face.

I can't quite understand what's going on.

"Yuri, the boy came in a car more expensive than our yearly income" she looks at me like she is somewhat disappointed in me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.