Chapter 35 - A Long Day

"You don't have to walk me to my class" I pleaded again but he shook his head.

I could feel everyone staring in our direction and it was the last thing I wanted right now. I just wanted to lay low and get through my day but like it would happen.

It was like everyone in this school knew the importance of the leather jacket but me.

Like I knew that the people in this maroon leather jacket were important but I didn't actually know why. I wanted San but he was still stuck at practice.

I wanted to ask Taehyun how he got off practice early but I didn't dare do that. He probably would have looked at me like I was stupid.

That was his usual reaction anyway to whatever came out of my mouth.

"I was walking in the same direction anyway, so it is not a big deal," Soobin said with a smile.

This is probably the first time I notice his dimples and I wonder how I missed them before?

His smile was pretty.

Yuri, get your head straight.

I scold myself as soon as that thought crosses my mind.

As for why Soobin was walking with me was because when I got up from my seat and told them I needed to leave for class, he asked me where I was going and then invited himself to come with me.

I just didn't know how to tell him no.

I should really learn to say no.

It would make my life much easier.

As we walked down the hallway, I felt everyone staring in our direction. This time it wasn't discrete as it was in the cafeteria.

People openly ogled at us.

It felt like the spotlight was on us and my skin was burning because of the light.

To say I felt uncomfortable would be an understatement.

However, Soobin was unfazed.

It was as if he was used to it.

His face held a neutral expression but not emotionless. It was polite and he nodded to some people who waved in his direction.

In my view, he resembled more of a politician with a practiced smile knowing exactly what to say rather than a high school student.

Maybe he was the son of a politician. Was there a current politician with the last name Choi?

There were plenty.

It would make sense if he belonged to a family of powerful politicians. It would make sense why he wore that maroon jacket.

Also, about the maroon jacket, I have yet to see anyone else wearing that.

Maybe they don't always wear that?

I mean Beomgyu and Kai did not wear it at the lunch table and Taehyun didn't wear it the first time I met him so yeah, maybe they didn't wear it always.

But it made knowing whom to stay away from even harder.

How many people have I pissed off without even knowing?

I am definitely doomed, right?

I put that thought aside for the time being.

I don't have to think about this right now.

I just wanted him to not be near me because people's gazes followed wherever he went and I didn't want to be in people's eyes.

Nothing good was going to come out of this.