Chapter 67 - Breathe

"This is more fun than I had initially thought it could be" Woojin huffed after sitting beside me. He just finished singing 3 songs in a row and now Beomgyu was belting out a rock song.

He is a good singer.

"I told you, not all of them are snobs. Some are nice" I shrug and take a sip of the coke I have.

I opted out of drinking because I felt like tonight someone had to be in their right mind to navigate everything properly.

It is not like I didn't trust Beomgyu or Yeonjun... Well, I didn't but the thing is I didn't want one exchange of words or just a snap of something and a big fight or something.

I may be overreacting but one thing I have learned from being in Royals High is that things do not take time to be unpredictable.

I wanted Woojin to have fun around them and I wanted them to have fun around Woojin and San. I did not want to feel like I was leading two different lives.

Till now, tonight has been smooth sailing. A little bumps and creaks here and there but that is normal. I hope that we can continue this and end the night on a high note.

"You know I always thought of Royals High as this intimidating place and even when it was my dream school, I was scared of going there. Even though I could not, I am happy that two of my closest friends could" Woojin side hugs both of us.

"It is not all gold. There are definitely downsides to the school so trust me you are not missing much. However, I am waiting for you to tell us something. Something that I heard from my mom that she heard from your mom" San looks pointedly at Woojin.

Woojin gives a sheepish smile and looks down.

I look at both of them in confusion. It feels like I am missing a link.

"I was going to tell you guys on the night at Hill but everything didn't go as planned. And then, I felt like it is not that big of a deal" Woojin murmurs and San slaps the back of his head.

"Of course, it is a big deal. Come on, you're the first one among us to get accepted into a college" San tuts and I spring up from my seat.

"Wait, what? Did you get into a college? What? How did I not know about this? How can you guys keep this from me!" I was yelling.

Beomgyu stopped singing and both Saehi and Yeonjun were staring at me.

"It is not a college. Technically. I was applying to different programs. I have always been interested in marine life and it is not like I was expecting to be selected because they only select 25 people from the world for the apprenticeship -"

"Woojin, I swear if you don't get to the point in the next two lines, I will shove a chip up your nose" Saehi cuts Woojin and he lets out a nervous laugh.

"Well I applied to the student apprenticeship program of the Norwegian School of Marine Biology which is kind of a pre-college course and got selected" Woojin announced and I screamed, jumping up and down.

I pull him from his seat and tightly hug him.

"Oh my god. I am so proud of you! This is one of your dream colleges and you get to go there early. Oh my god! There is so much to do before you go. Have you started packing? Do you have all the documents required? When do you leave? We have so much to do before you go -"

"Okay Mama Bear, step aside for a minute and breathe" Beomgyu holds me by the shoulder pushes me out of the way, and goes to high-five Woojin.

I am smiling brightly and I am welling up with tears.