Chapter 15 - New Uniform, Old Me

I am hit with the air conditioning and an overbearing aroma of vanilla. It is so sweet that it almost makes me barf.

I look around the boutique. Even the glass walls allow for any spectator to look inside but the view from outside does not do this justice.

The entire decor is minimalist but chic.

I would never have guessed this was all for just uniform fitting. Everything here looks like it was always meant to be here.

But at the same time, it all looks like a house of cards.

If I turn a vase on that side just a little, or maybe pick out a rose from one vase and put it somewhere else, it feels like the entirety of this place will crumble.

Of course, I know that is not true and my mind is just hyperactive, on alert mode, absorbing all the pieces of information it can within the least amount of time.

But does that stop me from having these thoughts or observing all the intricate details around me?

No.

A petite woman in a dark skirt and crisp shirt comes up to me.

She gives me a once-over and puts on her practiced smile. She doesn't want me here any more than I want to be here.

"Welcome to our boutique, how may I help you miss?" she speaks with eloquence.

"Uh, I had... uh... an appointment. For... dress fitting?" I speak with the elegance of a toddler.

I don't even know why I am stuttering but I can't help it.

This is all so much to take in.

She asks me to follow her to a more quaint area which I assumed was the reception, maybe?

I gawk around the area, sure that my jaw has already hit the floor.

This looks like it is out of a freaking ballroom. The more I move inside, the better the interior gets.

How is this place selling school uniforms?

Do they also sell wedding dresses on the side?

I highly doubt that.

"Oh, I see. Under what name, may I ask?" she walks back to behind her desk, her heels making a clicking sound with each step.

I count the steps she takes to distract me and hope it is enough for me not to pass out.

"Lee Yuri. Um, no sorry. Uh... Choi San. The appointment is under the name Choi San" I stutter out finally.

Great going, Yuri.

Just taking San's name makes my anger towards him double and I want to kill him all over again.

If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be stuck here alone, stuttering and losing my mind inside out.

I really was going to kill him once I got out.

I try my best that my face does not give away how angry I am at him for leaving me alone here.

"Ah yes. We have it noted down. Are you here to get a new uniform or get something fixed in your existing one?" she asks politely and I just nod.

Her smile stretched and her eyes fixed on me.

Words, Yuri. Words.

Use your god damn words.

Here I am wanting to be a writer and now I can't even get a few affirmative words out in front of a receptionist.