Chapter 37 - Blood & Bruises

To say I didn't enjoy Beomgyu's company would be a lie.

All three waited till they were my last customers and at last, I had to ask them to leave since it was past the closing time.

Beomgyu was nice and he made conversations with me constantly as I cleaned up and put the chairs upside down on the tables. He even offered to help but o couldn't let him do that.

I was conscious at first, knowing very well yellow was not my color and by the end of the long day I had today, I must look dirty and exhausted but there was something in Beomgyu's voice, it made me comfortable.

More comfortable than I would have liked.

I had to remind myself that he was not my friend and San had warned me about them, so I needed to be careful.

But in the end, it felt nice to have someone to talk to. I would have just been alone here otherwise anyway, talking to myself and butchering kpop choreographies as I swept the floor.

Even Kai and Taehyun whom I had no hopes of conversing with me talked.

It was mostly in relation to whatever question Beomgyu asked and their questions were less friendly than Beomgyu's and more interrogative but still, this was the most either of them have talked to me directly.

Although, I didn't know whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Now that they were gone as well, I cleaned up their table and all I had to do was take out the trash and then I can lock up. I turn off the lights of this place, only keeping the one at the door on, and taking out the trash.

Just when I dump the bags in the garbage can I hear a voice that makes me jump as I try to grab the garbage bag again to hit the person.

"I was hoping you'll be at the closing shift" A figure was leaning against the wall, a couple of feet away from the garbage can.

The light did not fall on him but rather behind him, making his silhouette look like it was emitting light from within.

There was no way I would have guessed who it was if not for the voice.

That voice.

It was spooky to me how I recognized his voice so easily even when I had barely known him for a few days.

"Yeonjun what the hell are you doing here?" I rub my hand over my chest hoping to calm down my rapid heartbeat.

He did not answer.

I saw his figure shift putting his weight from one leg to the other.

Maybe I was stupid, waiting for his answer when I should have been running away from him.

The last we saw each other, well technically he saw me was yesterday, at the lunch table.

And he did not look happy to see me.

Maybe he was here just to threaten me or something.

It was in my best interest to just up and leave.

I was done already.

I have packed up everything. I just needed to lock the main door and then leave. I did not have to stay here.

This time I wasn't ever lurking around to hear his conversation even. It was him who was here alone, like a creep in the dark.

I shouldn't have waited for his answer, I should have turned around and walked away.

Then, why the hell wasn't I?

"I wanted Mint choco," he says in a small voice. If he was just a little farther away I probably wouldn't have heard him.

"What?" I ask him not because I didn't hear him but because I feel like I might have missed something in the sentence he spoke.