Chapter 21 - There's No Going Back Now

I look at my phone again. 

Classes are about to start in 10 minutes and I have no idea where my first class is. 

I need to get going.

San is still not here and he is not replying to my text or picking up my calls. 

I will deal with that ass later on.

Right now, I needed to figure out a way to my class.

I have seen pictures on San's phone and I have talked to Woojin a lot about Royals High in the past years but nothing could have prepared me for the real thing.

This place looked 10 times larger than what San had described to me. 

Even the media and reporters who took footage of the schools for some conference or national announcements didn't do it justice either. 

As soon as I step through the massive gates, I feel the air shift. 

I am more aware and though I know in reality no one is looking at me I still feel eyes on me.

Is there an invisible blanket over the school like in the fantasy novels I read? Because the entire atmosphere around me seems to shift. 

Should I ask someone for directions? 

What directions would I be asking for anyway? 

I don't even know where to go. 

I know no one here except San and he is not here. 

Speak of the devil, I feel a hand slap over my shoulder and I have never flinched as hard as I did right there.

I glare at the intruder and contemplate should I headbutt him or not.

"Yo, I told you to wait for me, why are you heading in on your own?" he puts his hands over my shoulder and I settle to elbow him in his ribs instead of a headbutt. 

Asshole.

"Ouch, what was that for?" San clutches his side and looks at me with a pout on his face. 

His hair is damp and the little droplets fall onto the collar of his shirt. 

"Well I wouldn't have to go in alone if someone who promised to show up, actually showed up on time" I try to push him but he just wraps around his arms tighter and we both sway.

"I told you I was running a little late because of swim class. Don't be mad" He gives me a side hug and I try to pry him off me. 

 "Ugh, your hair is wet, you'll get water over me. Get away from me" I shove the side of his face in hopes he maintains a little distance and doesn't ruin my new uniform. 

"The sports center is at the backmost corner so it took me some time. And I ran so cut me some slack" He smells of chlorine. 

He looks at me with his puppy dog eyes and a hopeful smile. I have to let him off the hook.

I grumble and huff and see San break out in a smile. 

He knows he is off the hook. 

I elbow him again. 

Smartass. 

"Let's go, we'll be late for class" I divert his attention to a more important topic at hand. 

"I talked to the reception and asked them to give you your first class off so you don't have to worry about missing class" he shrugs.

"Really? You can do that? " I ask.