Chapter 68 - Fall

"You look like you've seen a ghost"

"What the he-" I jump at Yeomjun's voice.

"Wow, you almost cursed. I am impressed" he chuckles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

We were both standing in the back alley of the building. There was a street light in the corner, just enough to give a dim glow to the pavement beneath.

His skin glowed and his dark hair made just the right shadows to add mystery to his features.

All of it made him look unearthly.

"Can't stay away from me, can you?" He Snickers and I scoff.

"Of course it is my fault to think we can have one normal conversation. Of course we can't" I shake my head and turn to leave.

I heard footsteps approach me rapidly when he grabbed my hand from behind and pulled me back.

"Yah! What are you doing?" I ask angrily.

I am not sure what or who I am angry at.

I am not sure what I was expecting when I found Yeonjun here and I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I asked him a question.

I was already in a daze with all of drunk Beomgyu talk and I came here to clear my head a little bit then why was he here messing up my thoughts more?

Why am I so confused when it comes to Yeonjun?

"You wanted to have a conversation with me?" He asked softly, a stark contrast to my angry yell.

"What?" I look at him like he is two steps behind in the evolution tree.

"You said you were wrong to think we can have a normal conversation. You want to have a conversation with me?" He tilts his head to the side and observes me.

I must be wrong but it almost feels like he is confused or even surprised at the idea that I would want to have a conversation with him.

I mean... Yeah we have a rough history of unfortunate events but is it that surprising?

There has been multiple time were I feel like we've shared a moment that kind of makes us more than just acquaintances.

I think we're bordering on fried even.

What was I thinking being friends with Choi Yeonjun?

"Talk" he says, still holding my hand. I wiggle my wrist but his grip tightens just a tiny bit, a subtle way of letting me know he is not letting go.

"What are you talking about? You did not even drink, why are you acting drunk?" I ask.

"You wanted to have a conversation so talk" he shrugs as if it is completely normal for me to make small talks right now.

"Here? In this dark dingy alley?" I ask and he nods in thoughts and starts pulling me away from the alley towards the back.

"Where are -"

"Let's sit here. Now you can talk" he sits down on a bench in the bus stand right behind the karoke building.

I stare at him, try to find a condescending look or a smirk that he is pulling a prank but he is not.

He is as stoic as a statue as he waits patiently for me to start the conversation.

I sigh and take a seat next to him.

There is no way out of this. I got myself in it.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, repeating my initial question that started his whole bickering between us.