Chapter 80 - Not An Insider

To say that the iron gate in front of me would put the gate in front of Royals Highs to shame, would be an understatement.

I park the scooter I borrowed from San next to the small security post. There was no way I could drive up to this area in my cycle.

Their estate was situated on top of a hill, in the poshest of the poshest area of the city. I couldn't drive up here on my bike because a. This area was really at the other end of the city from my house and b. I don't think I would get an entry if I came here on my ratty old bike.

Beomgyu insisted that I come over today because tomorrow he will be busy packing for the weekend trip and they will leave the day after tomorrow, so tonight was the only time he had free.

Even with my constant effort to shift the discussion to our school library after school, he was persistent that I come over tonight. So I finished tutoring a little early and swapped shifts with Woojin.

I adjust the uniform I am wearing, the tie seemingly strangling my neck, the blazer too hot, the skirt too tight, churning the food in my stomach.

Out of all my outfits, this was the safest bet, at least according to Woojin. I was just going to wear the simple t-shirt and jeans but he convinced me that it was absolute trash and it would be better if I was just in my uniform.

I stare up at the gate again.

My neck hurt from looking at the top of the gate for too long.

The black iron gate is so high, it looks like a barricade.

A barricade between the real world and the bubble inside.

I am sure even the air inside the estate boundary will smell different. Even the grass looks greener on the other side. Literally.

The sky was twilight, evening muddling into the night and the lamps at the edge of the pebbled road inside the kind of gave the whole place a fairy-tale-like feel.

I never thought I would look at such scenery in real life. Didn't this kind of landscape only exist in precisely curated movies and shows?

This wasn't supposed to exist in real life.

I could see a large house 5 minutes from the gate where I was standing. It was a really big house but a very simple exterior. Off-white building with large windows and a red-tiled slanted roof.

It reminded me of a cottage.

If the cottage was worth a gazillion of won.

"Miss Park, kindly sign here and I'll assign someone to take you to the front mansion" An elderly gentleman in uniform holds out a register and pen for me.

I just nod mindlessly and sign wherever he asks me to. He then takes a futuristic-looking gun to my face and scans me before typing a code that opens the gate.

Makes sense that the gates are automated with a code. I am sure at least four people's manpower would be required to open and close the gate if not for the machine automation.

A chauffeur drives me a golf cart to the main house - which was NOT the one that I saw from outside the gate. Apparently, it was a party salon.

I don't even know how to comprehend what the driver was telling me as he was driving me.

"Yuri! There you are. I grew old while waiting for you" Beomgyu shouted and lept at me as soon as I got down from the cart.

"What are you wearing?" he looked at my uniform in confusion. I shifted uncomfortably on my feet.