Chapter 64 - Team Yuri-San

"Wow, you've had a very interesting week" San whistled.

"Yeah. It's been a hell of a week" I say swinging my feet and biting into my corndog.

San and I were sitting in our usual place at the hilltop looking over the city. My dress was out of place but San initially hadn't commented on it. Maybe because he took a look at my face and offered me a Coke and corn dog immediately.

At first, it was a little awkward and both of us were not sure where to start our conversation but slowly with small talk our conversation began and it spiraled into me telling me all that had happened this week, finishing my update with the pity date with Soobin.

San physically winced when I told him what went on during my date with Soobin.

"Its sucks that your first date was a pity date," he says and I tear off a piece of the potato from my corn dog and throw it at him.

"Don't call it a pity date. Only I get to say that. He didn't mention anything of sorts"

"Whatever you say" San shrugged but I could see a smile fighting to come through. I punched his arm and his smile broke into laughter.

"You're one to talk. At least I went on a date. More than what I can say for you" I snorted and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Who said I've never been on a date? You never know. I have a lot of fans" he acts cocky but it so does not suit him and it makes me laugh.

"Being cocky is not your forte"

"Shut up" he grumbled and we went back to a comfortable silence.

I take a deep breath and let it go. After venting and talking to San, it felt as if a big load was off my shoulder and I could breathe to my full capacity.

"I missed you," we both say at the same time and then look at each other. Then we proceed to laugh.

"How are you holding up with the school representative announcement?" I probe the sensitive topic.

San shrugs. "It's not like that wasn't a possibility. I knew there was a good chance Soobin might have been chosen to represent the school but I did my best as I always do so that when I am looking back, at least I don't have any regrets"

I nod not sure what I can say to make him feel better.

"And plus, Soobin is the face of the Choi Group. It is natural they would want him to be the face of Royals High. I did feel a little bummed out at the announcement but it is okay. I need to focus on the other things I have on my plate right now so that I can continue to give my best in everything"

"I admire this about you. You are always calm and composed and handle most adversity with poise and maturity. It is something I want to learn from you but there are times when you burst out and shout at your friend then proceed to not talk to her for ages so not sure about the mature part" I hum and San flinches.

"I was angry at you. But when we weren't talking, I realized I was angry at the five of them. And I was concerned about you. Both of my feelings combined, my words came out wrong. I did not mean to fight with you. I care about you"

"And I care about you but you have to understand that you can't keep secrets from me and then expect me to understand where your concerns are coming from" I reason with him and he nods.

"Yuri, you're new here. I've seen the ugly side of them. And ever since this summer, they have been even more unpredictable. Yeonjun joining them has made the entire group very volatile" he looks at me pointedly.

"I am not sure how much you know about Yeonjun but he joined the school this year and he started Royals High around the time for summer school. Nobody knew of him before that" he pauses and hesitates a bit.