Chapter 38 - Something Wrong

"Turn your face to this side" I say as I place the first aid kit we store in the shop for emergencies.

Yeinjun stopped midway from eating another spoonful of ice-cream and looked at me like a scared cat, with wide eyes and lips parted.

Yeonjun was currently seated in one of the chairs at the back of the room with another set of extra uniform on him, this time around, a closer fit to his size.

His pink hair was wet from what I assumed to be washing his face in the bathroom because there was no place for a shower.

His wet hair looked a little darker in shade than when dried.

It's either that or the blood stained his hair.

His lips were still busted and now I could see a deep gash on his forehead that had been the reason for the blood on his face.

There were multiple bruises and scratches on his arm now that he was not wearing the leather jacket to hide it.

I pull up a chair in front of him, determined to at least dress the wound of the forehead.

It didn't look deep enough to get stitches but it was deep enough to get infected if not dressed properly.

Yeonjun's chair screeched as he pushed away from me.

"What are you doing?" he asked, looking at me incredulously.

"What does it look like I am doing?" I rolled my eyes.

"I don't need it," he said and took another bite of his ice-cream.

I cannot relate to people who bite their ice-cream. They have to be psychopaths to be able to eat it like this without wincing.

"Well, too bad. I don't want you to get infected and die in front of me" I counter and he just scowls at me.

"Wouldn't you like to see me dead?" he asks, putting his cup on the table and folding his hands over his chest. He winces instantly and drops them back to his side.

"I don't want anything to do with you. There's a difference, Yeonjun. I don't care about you enough to think whether you live or die" I sit on the chair opposite to him and start spreading out the requirements on the table from the first aid box.

"And yet you care about me enough to dress my wounds?" he smirks at me with his head tilted to the side, slightly confused, his damp hair falling over his forehead, partially covering one of his eyes.

"It's the humane thing to do" I don't elaborate any further.

I don't need to explain.

I am doing this because he is injured and he sounded really tired. I don't want him to faint or anything in the store's property. That would just lead to many questions and fingers will be pointed towards me since I was at the closing shift and technically I am allowing him in here after closing hours.

"Whatever you say. Just don't go falling for my charms cause you'll only end up with a heartbreak" he eats another spoon of ice-cream.

I intentionally press the wound on his elbow with a little more pressure and he winces away from my touch.

"What charm? All you've been doing is making my life harder ever since I saw you. You're delusional if you think that is attractive to anyone" I snort and he glares at me.

He keeps quiet after that so I resume dressing his wounds.

His arms are scattered with scratches and wounds but they are all superficial and will heal within a few days so that is good at least.