Chapter 47 - Not what I was expecting

You'd think the Rich party differently. You expect classy finger food, champagne, People dressed in suits and ball gowns, and an orchestra playing in the background.

I don't know, maybe I have never been to a Rich party before so I had a very different scenario in my mind.

Whatever it had been, the reality was far from it.

As I stood at the entrance of the lake house with Beomgyu on one side and San on the other, I stared at the crowd.

It was like any other typical teenage rager. Just like the movies that I watched growing up. The kind of parties San, Woojin and I thought we'd go to when we were in highschools cause it seemed like what the cool kids did.

I want to laugh at just the memory of it.

The reality of the present is so much different that I can't help but laugh at the naivety of it all.

Loud music was blaring from the speakers, bottles, and glasses of different colored alcohol adorned everyone's hands, and there were packets of chips, cheap snacks, and takeouts littering the floor and counters.

I spot a few of the guys in suits with their blazers forgotten and the sleeves of their shirts folded, but most were in designer jeans and shirts and the girls were in expensive clothes that would give idols a run for their outfits.

I look at San and then at myself. I want to laugh.

We're both probably the most underdressed people here. San is in a white hoodie and faded jeans and I am mimicking his outfit with my hoodie being a slate grey.

I am glad I brought my hoodie with me because I could hide the uniform I had underneath.

"Welcome to the best party you'll ever be in" Boemgyu extends his hands out in a grand gesture, and I stare at him while San snorts beside me.

Beomgyu glares in San's direction but quickly maps it into a smile when he directs his attention toward me.

"Not what you expected huh?" Beomgyu nudges my shoulder and I just stare at him again.

I don't think I'll ever get used to how fast he can change his expressions. When I first met him, I thought he was childish and always having fun but now, I see him in a whole new light.

"I didn't even expect to show up here" I shrug, answering honestly and he smiles, that mischief of his back in his eyes.

"I can be persuasive when I want to be" he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"It's not like I had much of choice" I grumble and Beomgyu laughs putting an arm around my shoulder.

"I love how blatantly honest you are. It's refreshing" he smiles what I can only assume and hope to be a genuine smile.

Beeomgyu had basically blackmailed me by threatening to leak my drooling picture from the library if I didn't go with him. I thought he was joking but when he showed me the image I had no choice.

I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone so I agreed but San wouldn't let me go alone with Beomgyu so he tagged along as well.

Beomgyu didn't seem to mind San's company and I was thankful that he was with me cause I'll at least have a familiar face to rely on in a plethora of unknown people.

"Let's get you something to drink" Beomgyu hooks his arms on my elbow and starts dragging me towards what I can only assume to be the kitchen.

"Don't drink anything. You're still underaged" San warns and I roll my eyes.