Chapter 43 - Answers for Answers

"You look like you're in a shitty mood," Saehi says as she takes a seat next to me.

I just nod at her acknowledging her presence but I don't reply.

I am still stewing in my mother's words from last night and this morning.

Last night even though I thought I could block her out and sleep it off, she barged into my room and demanded what was the invitation all about because she couldn't understand what Soobin was telling her.

When I explained to her about the fundraiser, her questions multiplied and I didn't have answers to them.

I didn't why a school as big as Royals High needed extra funds. I couldn't give my mother an answer to that.

How was I supposed to know?

It hasn't even been a month since I started going to school.

She kept pestering me about who was Soobin and what kind of people I was hanging out with at school and at one point in the night it was evident that we both lacked the energy and patience to continue the conversation because we were going in circles.

Finally, I told her I'll talk to San or better yet she can talk to San because he would have a much better idea than me.

In hindsight, now that I think about it, it was a bad move. I shouldn't have involved San. San seemed weary of their group, especially Taehyun and Yeonjun. I don't think he would handle the situation well.

But then again he is s good friend and will not throw me under the bus, right?

Right?

My mother even lectured me on how she wanted me to be aware of guys like him, aka, Soobin, cause even though they might look good on paper, rich kids of his age would only toy with my feelings.

As for Yeonjun, even though she didn't even know his name, let alone any other information about him, just knowing he had pink hair was enough for my mother to put him on the delinquent list.

The worst part was, I was angry.

I was angry at myself.

I was angry at myself because even when my mother was scolding me and warning me against them, the first thought that came to my mind was to defend Yeonjun. After all, hair color should not define someone's character.

Was I sleep-deprived?

Did he do some black magic on me?

Why did I think that and not all the times he's tried making my life harder and say yes and agrees with my mother?

I am positive I need more rest and that is the reason the thought of defending Yeonjun even crossed my mind.

I physically shake myself in hopes I can get that pink-haired devil out of my mind.

"What's going on? You seem upset" Saehi speaks again and I look at her this time. An involuntary sigh leaves my lips. She raises her eyebrows in question.

"I am tired, I am angry, I am done," I say honestly.

The free period has been a boon and the library has been my sanctuary.

I did not mind Saehi being here. She was one of San's friends and she has been friendly with me but I also wouldn't have minded staying alone right now.

"Wow, you sound like you need a vacation," she says and I bark out a laugh too loud for a library. Thankfully there's nobody here.

A vacation? I don't know what that is. Is going to your grandmother's house every summer considered a vacation?