Chapter 81 - Rainy Day Fund

"Can you believe the nerve of the blonde-haired broomstick?" I was hashing out the entire ordeal of the hallway and the Choi House incident to San.

We were sitting at our designated place on the hill and overlooking the city eating ice cream. I took a bite of the corn ice cream and looked at San, urging him to speak because my rant was over.

He just gave me a wry look. "Do you really want my honest opinion or do you want me to sit here and listen and nod to your rant?" he challenges and I roll my eyes.

I am pretty sure I will not like what San has to say but at the same time, I don't want him to sit there and agree with whatever I am saying.

"Go ahead. Say what you have to say" I wave my hand dismissively at him and he raises an eyebrow at me, as if silently asking me whether I am sure I want to hear what he has to say.

I keep silent.

"First, I will start off by saying that the idea of going to their house was a bad idea from the start" he shrugs when I just give him a dry look.

"I kind of expected Taehyun to behave that way. He is overly protective of Soobin. He is probably closer to him than his own family" he advocates.

"Are you seriously siding with Taehyun right now?" I challenge him and he furiously shakes his head.

"No. Absolutely not. He is an entitled shithead. What I am trying to say is that mixing with them, any of them will result in backlash from the group itself. Gossips of outsiders are secondary but handling the Royals itself is a big task" he shrugs.

"Even though you are getting close to Beomgyu, Yeonjun, and even Soobin, I still don't like the Royals and I definitely don't trust them" I scowl at his statement but he insists on finishing what he has to say.

"Even keeping my personal grudges and prejudices aside, they are a very volatile group. I am sure after mixing with them more, you have gotten some idea of how they operate. Before it wasn't as volatile as it is now. Ever since Yeonjun came into the picture, it has been a shitshow waiting to happen" he says and my instinct to defend Yeonjun crawls out of the pit of my stomach before I can stop it.

"Why does everyone blame Yeonjun? How is it his fault that his father is an asshole?" I get aggressive.

Everyone knew that Yeonjun was the illegitimate child of The Choi Chairman. No one said it to Yeonjun's face but it was a common topic of discussion behind his back.

It made me feel sick. I never paid attention but after what Yeonjun told me I realized how spread out these gossips were.

I just didn't understand why everyone blamed him! It was his father's fault. Not his. He didn't even know he was a Choi until a few years ago!

San sighs. "I am not blaming Yeonjun and I am not defending Soobin. I know Yeonjun didn't know he was part of the family until a few years ago but you have to understand, Soobin didn't know it either" he speaks in a soothing voice, as if his voice will calm me down.

"Why do you think there is so much gossip about these even though Beomgyu is also a Choi?" he asks and I come up with a Blank for answer so he continues.

"Beomgyu is their first cousin. His father handles the hospitality firm and Hotels of their company. Beomgyu is set to take over that side of the business. The rest - every single thing, is owned by Soobin's father. Soobin is - was set to take off the business but then Yeonjun showed up out of nowhere." he takes a breath and pauses for my reaction but I still keep quiet because I am not following him.

"Yeonjun is older than Soobin. He will be the firstborn. Technically, he should be the one to take over the business. This has led to a lot of turmoil" he finishes and I shake my head.

RoyalsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara