Chapter 60 - Date Me

"Mom, I might be a little late today. I have a little bit of cleaning up to do before I close up the shop" I inform her in fear that she'll worry about me.

There is no one at Hive and I have put up the closed sign but I still have to clean up the floor, tables, kitchen, and counter and then finally take the garbage out.

It would take me another hour to get everything done.

After telling me to be careful and not be too late and informing me that she'll keep food for me in the fridge, she hung up.

I play some music on my phone and start with my cleaning.

Random K-pop songs that are ruling the charts play and I sing along the best I can to them as I dance, letting the worries and all the bad things wash away so that I am in a good mood by the time I am in my house.

After the Taehyun incident, I ignored every Royal the best I could and went through the day without having to actively interact with any of them.

I even saw Yeonjun once but turned away and walked in the opposite direction. Not the brightest idea because he was right next to the class I had to go to next. But I managed.

San tried talking to me during lunch because I am assuming Saehi told San what happened. But I was still angry at him and if he wanted to talk to me he had to make a little more effort than lurking around me like a ghoul.

One good thing that happened in the entire day was that at least Woojin's ice heart was melting. He talked an entirety of 5 sentences with me while we were on shift and did not just grunt like he was doing lately.

It was a small win. But a win nonetheless.

After I am done with the main area, I move onto the kitchen counter.

The song changes to a popular boy band's upbeat song and I dance to it as I work. I try to imitate their dance the best I can.

"Run away, run away, run away with me" I sing along to the voices. I probably look silly but this is the best way I can unwind after the long day I had.

I will not have this privacy in my home either. So at least I can make the chores more fun for me this way so that I don't get bored alone and I can let off some steam as well.

I have my back to the gate and I am vibing to the song as I wipe the counter clean. I have an ice cream scooper in my hand like a mike when I do a turn and lose my balance because I am not expecting an audience in front of me.

"Are you okay? Give me your hand" he rushes to my side, behind the counter, and extends an arm.

"What- what are you doing here?" I ask from where I am still planted on my butt.

He just tilts his head to the side and studies me.

He is not in uniform. He is wearing a white T-shirt and black jeans. This would have been a normal high-school get-up if not for the Burberry overcoat he had on and the leather boots.

"You are a great performer. Have you considered going into K-pop?" I swat his hand away and get up on my own.

I don't have to look in a mirror to know I am blushing profusely.

"I didn't know you could turn this shade of pink" he reaches out a gloved hand on my cheeks and I swat it away, turning my face in the other direction.

I am beyond embarrassed right now.

Why do I always end up embarrassing myself in front of him?

"What are you doing here? We're closed" I say and he pouts a little, his dimples making an appearance as he scans the place.