Nixons P.O.V

Brittany has been gone with her two pups for two months. Thank goddess. That bitch really believes she's tricking me. I had DNA test run on both them pups. I AM NOT THE FATHER. Only my Alpha team and the king knows this. I wish I could tell Savvy but it's best if she did not know.

I have not slept with the damn woman. I remember the night two years ago when she came to me. I remember how Oran had told me has smelled a scent change in her. I took a pill that night to fight off her attempts. The pill I took would not allow an erection.

I act like I passed out until I seen her get naked and crawl into bed with me and go to sleep. I was disgusted all night. I hate that I have to hurt my mate but if it keeps her out the reach of others I will do it.

I took Savannah to The Caribbean for her birthday. It was such a peaceful trip. We had no worries. I got to enjoy my beautiful mate. She had been stressed with school and work. She needed it. She graduates next month. She works at the hospital in neutral territory.

She's been gone to visit her sister for the last 2 weeks.I miss her so much. Phone calls are not enough. She just got back this morning so I'm headed up to the room to see her.

She jumps in my arms as soon as I enter. I love this woman.
"Thank you for my flowers." She says kissing me.
"Hmm I missed you. You are not leaving my side for the next month." I say.
"Hmm I have work love." She says
I groan.
"I keep telling you to quit. You don't have to work love." I say.
Them damn 12 hour shift are fucking annoying. Keeps me from her.
"No I did not spend 4 years in school just to not work. Plus helping others is my passion." She says walking over to the dresser.
She starts stripping into some house clothes.
"Well can you help your mate out please." I whine.
"Of course." She winks dropping to her knees.

2 hours later and we are laying in bed talking about her trip.
"You know you can't be around me in 2 weeks." She says.
"Why?" I growl
"Because I have my heat and I plan on going to Eclipse with grandma for it." She says
Now I'm pissed.
"We have been through this Savannah. You are not leaving this damn pack in heat. I don't want any unmated males trying to get to you. You know how much a heat has males frenzied. Even mated males can't control themselves during a heat." I growl.
"Nixon I will be with grandma at her cabin. I won't be around others." She says
"This is not an argument Savannah. You will be locked up at your parent's house. Your mother will disguise your heat scent and you will then come back here. Like it has always been." I say.
"No I'm going. You will just go be with her like always."
I growl violently at her.
"STOP! EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU DON'T GET YOUR WAY YOU BRING THAT BITCH UP. I DON'T FUCKING WANT HER." I yell.
She steps back from me as I fight my shift. I storm out the room and go run before I actually hurt my mate.

She wants to go be around other males while in heat. Everyone is vulnerable at that time. She would let a damn bird mate her just to get relief during her heat. Then she wants to go to an enemy pack. This was supposed to be a good day. Of course it ended in an argument. I'm still at war with packs and rogues trying to take over my damn pack. On top of the council who's riding all of our asses. Them fuckers need to be bought down. I'm sick of them.

I'm just going to give her space. I'm tired of this back and forth. I have to focus on protecting my pack. Hopefully one day we can get it right.

"You look like shit." Stephan says as I enter his office.
"I feel like it too." I say.
"Does this have anything to do with yours and Savannah argument. She stormed out of here saying she was going to stay with her parents and that you are a bastard." He says.
"Yeah I'm just tired man. This constant war with packs. Then this constant battle with her. I just can't. I need to focus on defending my pack. I keep hurting her. I keep hurting myself. Something has to give." I say.
"You should have never rejected her. When are you going to tell Oran and Lance that she is your fated mate.They think it's over between you two after that last pup the bitch had and she walked away from you. When are you going to tell them that y'all have been together and that she is your actual Luna." He says.
I groan.
"Exactly you weren't even going to tell me if Jo didn't need witnesses to Evie and Jared claiming each other. You keep her around and treat her like she's some dirty little secret. You say this is for the pack but really it was your young recklessness and selfish behavior. This pack would have loved and protected her. You did it because you did not want her to be in the eye sight of no other male. You did not have to reject her Nixon especially if you knew from the start you never planned on letting her go." He says
"They will try and take her from me. Them fuckers in the east are looking to take all mates and pups from the Alphas. I would have died or gave everything our families have worked hard for just to keep them from taking her. I know that what I'm did was wrong and selfish. I live with that regret every time she cries or walks away from me." I say.
"I don't understand it Nixon. I probably never will. I fought to have Miranda by my side.Oran fought for Rachel. Lance is still fighting for Rose. But you are steady breaking your mate. She's never made you fight for her. She's always gave in every damn time you beg and plead. You have never had to prove to her that you are worth the risk. The damn woman loves unconditionally but I see it running short Nix. You won't be able to handle seeing her loved properly." He says.
"I have fought for her. I fight every damn day for her love. I love her more than anything in this world." I say
He laughs.
"You love her brother there's no questions about that. You love her so much you break her heart every time. I can't fault just you because you are both to blame. She allows it. You play this happy family to this pack with that whore and then you sneak around with your actual mate. Do you think you would be able to stay strong if it was the other way around?" Stephan ask
I don't respond. I just walk out to my office.