Savannah P.O.V.

I get up and see Nixon is not in bed. I smile at the memory of earlier. It was a long 7 months and he was exactly what I needed. I slept for hours. It's now evening.
I pump because I'm full and then I go shower. When I go down stairs he's on the floor doing tummy time with our daughter.
"When did she wake up?" I ask.
"Around 4." He says.
"Hey mommy baby." I say getting on the floor kissing her.
She laughs.
"Sleep well." He smirks.
I roll my eyes getting up to go store milk.
He laughs as they walk in the kitchen sitting at the bar.
"Are you cooking tonight or ordering dinner?"Nixon asks.
"We can order." I say.

We ordered pizza and enjoyed a nice night with the baby. Sarai finally falls asleep and Nixon lays her in her swing before coming to lay on me.
He places his face in my neck breathing my scent.
"I've missed you so much Savvy." He says.
"I love you Nix. I'm willing to make this work. I understand why you did it all I ask is that you are honest with me and let me know what is going on beforehand" I tell him.

Sarai and I are at the pack house with Miranda and Rose. Rachel is on her way with her two pups. We are lounging down in the pack lounge when Luna Mary comes over. 
I tense. She can't see Sarai because she is feeding under the blanket.
"Oh look at the baby. Can I hold her?" She practically begs.
"She's feeding now." I say.
'Nix your mom wants to hold Sarai.' I tell him.
'Ok let her hold her. It's fine love.' He says
Sarai gets done feeding and Luna comes to take her and burp her.
"She so beautiful. What's her name?" She ask looking at my baby lovingly.
"Sarai Nicole." I say.
"She looks just like you." She says.
Sarai is staring at her in wonder but calm. I guess she recognizes her.
"Hey pretty girl. You are such a good pup." She coos at her.
I hear Sarai babbling back at her. I feel Nixon when he comes over. His mom pays him no mind the rest of us are tense.
He sits down by his mother and Sarai immediately looks to him. She has a built in daddy radar. She doesn't cry for him. She stays calm and just stares at him.
'I want my damn baby.' He links me.
'She's calm Nix. Let her have this moment.' I tell him.
"You never this calm with me babygirl. I'm jealous." Lance groans breaking the tension.
"She's calm with none of us." Oran laughs.
"Luna charm. I'm a baby whisperer." Luna laughs.
We all laugh.
"Are we still cooking tonight." Rose ask.
"Yeah we can go to the grocery store now." I say
I look at the Luna who is still talking to Sarai.
"Luna we have to go." I say.
I see her sadness. I know she recognizes Sarai and she's trying to stay strong.
"Go ahead she will be fine. It's cold outside." She coos at us.
I look at Nixon who nods at me.
"Ma you can take someone's baby." He tells her.
She glares at him and he rolls his eyes.
"It's fine. I know she is in good hands." I say.
'I'll bring her home.' He links me.

"That was fucking tense. Do you think she knows?" Miranda says.
"I do. I think she just won't say anything because neither of us are." I say.
"Yeah she was looking at Sarai with longing. I could tell Nixon wanted to take his baby immediately." Rachel laughs.
"He did. I had to tell him not too. They are both ridiculous." I say.
"I feel like she was exactly what he needed to keep him calm." Rose says.
I believe so too. It's like ever since he held her for the first time I see the change in him. He is the mate I need him to be. We have an understanding.