Rest

Yesterday, I woke up at 6 a.m. and drank a cup of instant coffee. Then I read the headlines on my smartphone while taking a nasty shit. Officers at the Paju Police Station were investigating the case of a missing woman. Eventually, they got a tip that led them to a local hotel, and they knocked on the door of a room occupied by two men. Well, that's when all hell broke loose. The cops discovered the bodies of two females lying the floor, and the their killers completely panicked, jumping out the window to their deaths. The-powers-that-be have chalked the whole incident up as a case of murder-suicide. Korea is one of the safest countries in the world, yet sin is ubiquitous around the globe.

I checked my Amazon account to see if I had sold any books lately. It turns out that I made two dollars and thirty cents because somebody had read The Demon in the Doll on the Kindle Library. My heart felt a brief moment of joy, and then I suddenly realized that my dreams of becoming a famous writer have pretty much shit the bed. Oh well. I try not to dwell on my failures. I simply don't have the time due to the sheer volume of my perpetual fuck-ups.

I didn't have to go to work because the school was closed due to nationwide elections. So I relaxed in bed and enjoyed some porn. My favorite videos featured an attractive little woman named Riley Reid. She's as thin as a pencil and as flat as a board, but she makes up for these flaws with her filthy mouth and seemingly insatiable sexual appetite. I really had a good time.

I called my mother using Facebook Messenger.

She said, "Do you have any plans for today?"

I shook my head. "Not really. I'll probably vacuum and do some laundry."

"Why don't you go out and have a good time?"

"My idea of a good time is different now that I'm an old geezer. Joy to me is sitting on the sofa and viewing Netflix."

She sighed heavily. "Wow. You're a real fucking dud, aren't you? Take your kid out and do something with him. Don't be such a selfish prick."

"Maybe we could go for pork soup tonight."

Anyway, I cleaned the apartment for a couple of hours, and then I began watching this great show on Netflix. It's an eight-part series about the famous fictional character, Tom Ripley. Tom is one of the most well-known psychopaths in all of literature. He's also as queer as a three-dollar bill. Homosexuals in movies and books are always more interesting when they're deranged. There's nothing more bland than a queen with a heart of gold.

Rice-Boy Larry didn't crawl out of bed until 1 p.m.

I said, "Why are you so tired?"

"That run really took it out of me."

"I thought you didn't get tired. You told me that you're an iron man."

He smiled at me. "My lungs don't get tired, but I can't say the same for my muscles. I'm a hurting unit today."

"Would you like to go for pork soup later on?"

He shrugged his shoulders and grimaced. "I really don't have the time. I've got too much studying to do. But you're the guy in charge."

"So you want to spend this holiday sitting inside our cramped apartment?"

"Yes, if you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all."

Actually, his words sent spasms of joy shooting throughout my entire body. Yet I didn't tell him that. I'm simply a tired old man who needs to get a little bit of rest every now and then.