TH Chapter 3

"Don't worry, I will get married before you leave this earth!" says Edward to his grandfather who insists that he get married within three months and produce an heir to the Barber estate.

"Just make sure that you do it or else your inheritance will go to your cousin Markus!"

His grandfather's statement made Edward scowl.

He won't let anyone else get what he worked so hard for just because he won't get married and produce an heir like what his grandfather demands of him.

"Why don't you just marry Savannah and get this over with?"

"Oh hell no! I will not marry her! I will be the one to choose my wife and mother of my children!"

He knows for a fact that Savannah is fond of him and will be very willing to marry him but he doesn't want to marry someone who loves him because he doesn't believe in love.

It's just a feeble excuse for someone to take advantage of you.

He will marry someone equally wealthy or wealthier than him so that his inheritance will remain intact.

He will marry someone who he doesn't love so that he can still do whatever he wants with his life.

Love is just a useless emotion and he doesn't need it to find a wife and produce an heir.

His thoughts were interrupted when his grandfather spoke again.

"So where do you intend to find your bride?"

"I will go to Manila as soon as possible!"