TH Chapter 78

Napaangat sa silya ang matambok na pwet ni Edward sa antisipasyon.

"What about her lolo?"

Tumayo ang lolo nya at tila may hinahanap ito sa book shelf.

Kinuha nito ng isang lumang libro at bumalik sa upuan.

Nang buklatin ito ng lolo nya ay nakita nyang photo album ito at hindi libro katulad ng una nyang inakala.

May kinuha itong isang larawan at iniabot sa kanya.

Tiningnan nya ang larawan at nakita nyang sya yung batang lalaki na may hinalikan na batang babae.

Hindi pamilyar sa kanya ang batang babae.

"Who's this little girl?"

"That's her! That's Mary Dale!"

Confusion is written all over Edward's face.

"You mean, we knew each other when we were kids?"

Tumango ang lolo nya.

"But how come I don't remember her?"

"You were just three years old when that picture was taken."

Napangiti si Edward sa sinabi ng lolo nya.

"So Yamyam was actually my first kiss?" bulong nya sa isip.

"Three years old and you had the audacity to kiss a girl in front of her parents and yours!"

Napapailing na nakangiti ang lolo nya.

"Why did I kiss her?"

"It was after the yearly Christmas celebration at their mansion. We were about to go home. She was crying because she didn't want you to leave, so you kissed her to pacify her. And you even promised her that you'd come back on New Year's eve."

"So did I?"

Umiling ang lolo nya.

"That was the last time that you saw her!"

"Why didn't I come back?"

"That was the same day that your parents died and afterwards I decided to take you to Germany!"

Nagulat si Edward sa sinabi ng lolo nya.

"The trauma you experienced from the accident was so bad that I decided to bring you to Germany for a change of environment."

"Maybe because you were too young and also maybe because of the accident but you totally forgot about Mary Dale."

"I kept in touch with Joe and his family. But decided not to remind you of the accident so I didn't reintroduce them in your life."

Nakaramdam naman sya ng lungkot ng maalala ang pangako nya sa batang Mary Dale.

"Did she look for me?"

"She did said her lolo! She waited for you every Christmas and New Year."

"If she did, how come she doesn't remember me now?"

"You were seven years old when I decided to bring you back here to the Philippines. We went there to their mansion but then your Nanny decided to kidnap you!"

"She was trying to forcibly bring you when Mary Dale saw her. Afraid that you would leave her again so she clung to you and started crying so loud."

"Her cry caught the attention of the people in the mansion so your nanny pushed her in panic. She pushed Mary Dale to the floor so hard that her head started bleeding."

Namutla si Edward sa narinig na kwento ng lolo nya.

"The sight of her blood may have triggered your traumatic memories because you fainted."

"After the kidnapping, I decided to bring you back to Germany for good!"

"What about Mary Dale? What happened to her?"

"Because of that incident, she forgot you!"