TH Chapter 76

"You know by now that I and Mary Dale's grandfather were best of friends."

Tumango si Edward.

"We agreed for our children to get married because we wanted to make sure that they would marry someone we approve of."

"My son and his daughter were betrothed even before they were born."

"You mean Dad and Mary Dale's mom was supposed to get married?"

"Yes! But we didn't tell them until they were of age. They were actually best friends when they were younger."

"So what happened? When did mom come into the picture?"

"Your mom was Lorena's best friend in college. She was the one who introduced your mom to your father."

"As soon as your father saw your mom, he fell in love with her!"

Naalala ni Edward si Maymay sa sinabi ng lolo nya at napangiti sya.

"They had a relationship not knowing that he and Lorena are engaged."

"What about Mary Dale's mom? Did she know?"

"She didn't! And she also had a relationship with their plantation worker who eventually became Mary Dale's father!"

"We decided to push through with their engagement and I even threatened your father with disinheritance!"

His grandfather ran his fingers thru his hair.

Ramdam nyang nagsisisi ang lolo nya sa nagawa.

"Then what happened?"

"I did what I said and disowned your father!"

Naalala naman ni Edward ang banta sa kanya ng lolo nya.

"But your father was a determined man just like you so he accepted it and married your mother. They fought for their love."

Nanahimik na lang muna si Edward.

"Your mother, despite of what I did to her and your father, wanted me to become a part of your life so they visited me even though I turned them away."

Napabuntong-hininga muli ang lolo nya.

"I eventually accepted your mother into the family. She was a good woman and I regretted not knowing her sooner. They remained best of friends with Lorena and also her husband until their deaths."

"If that was the case then why did you want me to suffer the same fate like my father?"

Naguguluhan na tanong nya.

"I actually wanted you to find love like your father did but I could see that you were wasting your time fooling around with a lot of women!"

Natahimik si Edward sa sinabi ng lolo nya.

Totoo ang sinabi nito, marami syang naging karelasyon pero ang lahat ng iyon ay pampalipas oras lamang.

"So I decided to take matters into my own hands and maybe you will eventually settle down with a good woman and have kids!"

"So hindi totoo na gusto mo akong ipakasal kay Savannah?"

Tumango ang lolo nya.

"Gusto kong mag-asawa ka pero gusto kong sa taong mahal mo! Natuto na ako sa nangyari sa mga magulang mo!"

"Kaya ba payag kang magpakasal ako kay Mary Dale?"

Ngumiti ang lolo nya.

Namangha si Edward dahil ngayon lang nya nakitang ngumiti ito.

"There's something you need to know about Mary Dale Entrata."