12

Ethan

Confused.

I was completely and utterly confused. Although it took me a while to recognize her new looks and everything, but I knew who she was, I knew exactly who she was. But what I didn't understand was why she was standing right in front of me. She died. They all died in that fire.

Why the hell was my mother standing right in front of me?

"Mom!" A girl of about 17 years rushed to our table, pulling my mother away from me, then she turned to look at me apologetically. "I'm so sorry, she's uh- not really okay, I shouldn't have left her side. I'm really sorry." The girl begged.

I didn't respond to it immediately, all I could do was stare at my mother, her eyes, her face, everything I thought I would never see again. "It's okay. It's fine."

"No... Ethan, you remember me right? It's me... It's mommy, Ethan." Her voice faded as the girl took her away from our table.

I couldn't tear my eyes off her until they rounded a corner, away from my view.

What is this supposed to mean? Did Malcolm lie to me? Does the institute know about this?

My jaw clenched as I took my eyes off that direction, only to find Ivy staring at me.

"What?" I asked her.

"You just called that woman, Mom." Ivy stated, her scrutinizing eyes never left mine for a second.

"Did I?" I asked. "I don't remember doing that? Are you sure you heard correctly?"

"I may be stupid Trev, but I'm not that stupid. What the hell was that all about?" Ivy asked, her brows furrowed in confusion and anger.

I sighed. "I don't know... She was a lunatic- she called me Ethan, and we both know that isn't my name right?"

"So then why did you call her mom?" She asked.

"I don't know, I guess it felt like the right thing to do, my instincts told me to do just that, and I went with it... She is clearly suffering from a mental illness, I couldn't just push her away, Ivy?" I explained. "What? Did you think she was like my real mom or something? Ivy, I've told you countless times that I'm a robot not a, human... Come on, I even proved it to you, why do you still have doubts?"

She didn't look like she was buying any of my crap, all she just did was stare.

"Ivy, you ordered for a Robot, and that is what you're getting okay?"

"Okay." She said. "I believe you."

Her lips was saying one thing but her scrutinizing eyes were saying another.

"Okay." I said, looking away.

I needed to go back to the Inc today, no matter the cost.

Inc Dimension
Rebel Sector

I managed to escape the tight security guarding the Rebel sector as I made my way to Malcolm's office.