28

Ivy

"Tonight was really amazing." I said, handing my helmet over to him as I brushed my hair, which I'd let out of its ponytail earlier. He watched the action all through with a smile. I swallowed, clearing my throat awkwardly. "I'm so glad I got to see the Inc." I added, taking in a deep breath and hugging myself.  "... even if it was just a sector. I remember you saying something about visitors not allowed in your Inc and how no one knows about it."

His eyes still didn't leave my face. "You're not the only one who knows about my Inc. there are other people out there who order for my kind and some get the opportunity to visit, some don't."

"Oh." I nodded. "Anyway, I appreciate it. I know it must have taken a lot for you."

He shrugged. "It's cool. I'll be safe. I have more friends than I have enemies."

I smiled, letting the silence drag on before I asked the very question that had been bugging me. "How is it that people don't visit the site often? I mean... It's out there, right?"

He hesitated, but answered all the same. "No. It opens up in every four years for about 30 minutes or so, and just about a few people get the opportunity to check out the site. Depends though... Not everyone's willing to pay the huge sum of money, so not many people get the opportunity to visit it. It's closed up now. I guess you were the last buyer, or the first, maybe only... I don't know."

"Oh? Since when has your Inc been in existence?"

He led the way into the house. "I don't know." He said, sounding super honest.

I nodded.

We walked into the house together, no words were exchanged into the comfortable silence and it felt nice. But still, there was this pending tension hanging in the air.

Maybe I felt like this because I wasn't being totally honest with him as he had been with me today.

He had shown me something he swore secrecy to.

Why? Because he thought it was the only way to protect me. He knew I would do whatever it took to find his Inc, so he thought taking me there would quench my curiosity.

But it didn't.

I wanted to see all the sectors, know the amount of people in there.

I just wanted to know.

All through the stairs climbing, I played with my fingers, feeling like the bad guy. All I was trying to do was help. He might hate me for this later on but- he should understand.

He will.

I felt a strange connection to him and as each day passed, it got stronger.

The surprising thing now is, I wasn't scared of my feelings. Ethan Murray is a real person. A person who doesn't remember his family, a person who only knew his real name but not his real identity. Someone I could help.

Someone I will strive to help.

We stopped in front of his room. He turned to face me, shoving both hands into his pockets as he gave me a smile I'd never seen before.