56

Vote and comment:-)

Thanks for reading! Message for my non followers (please check out my profile for the announment I made yesterday, it entails the new updating schedule for this book and all my books)

You may continue...

56
Ethan's pov

Pacing back and forth, I walked to the wall, turned and walked to the invisible point where some form of a barrier prevented me from moving further. Raising a finger, I tapped the barrier, causing a shimmer to ripple out, until it hit the wall outlining my prison yet again. Sighing, I Turned around, walking back to the wall.

Ivy wasn't supposed to see that... No... She wasn't even supposed to be there. How the hell do I explain all this to her?

The look on her face when our eyes locked, It was one I'd never ever forget. She looked so confused, and maybe even scared. Of me?

What if all this was for nothing? What if it doesn't work?

I let out a harsh breath, raking my fingers through my hair.

The buzz from a corner, took my attention. I walked up to the barrier, knowing better than to touch it.

The sounds of footsteps was all I heard until Festus appeared. "Hey, how's the cell holding you up?" He asked, a smirk pulling at his lips, causing shadows over his stubble.

I rolled my eyes. "How's Tom?"

"Good as new, you should have seen the grin on his face after he got the bike." Festus said, holding back his laughter.

I gritted my teeth. "Yeah? What color did he spray it?"

Festus teeth gripped his lower lip as he tried so hard to bite down his laughter. Stretching his phone to my view at the other side of the barrier, my jaw dropped.

"Purple? Out of all the colors in the world, purple?" I asked, dismay coating my tone.

The roar of festus laughter filled the atmosphere. "Small... Small price to... To pay." He stuttered between laughs.

"It's not funny." I gritted out, looking away from what used to be my bike.

"Sorry." Festus mananged to stiffle his laughter as he sled his phone into his uniform pocket. "Well, do you think she'll buy it?"

"Oh she better, I didn't lose my bike for nothing. Besides, the crowd was enough proof that it all went as planned. But-"

"The human girl?" He asked, raising a brow, and crossing his arms over his chest.

"Don't let her hear you say that... Her names Ivy. And by now she probably thinks I'm a monster."

"Well, you kind of are-"

"I was... But now, I'd never do that just for the fun of it."

"If you had known Tom would spray your bike purple, would you have gone through with it?"

"Of course, I mean... I'd have yelled at him and all that, but- yeah, I'd do anything to make sure Ivy is back to safety."

"You know if this works, you'll never see her again, right?"