80

Healthy is how the comment section should look like

Ethan

I watched from the corner of my eye. I could feel her breaking, and she wasn't doing anything to hide it from her face. I had to do something, not just search blindedly and take time. I knew there was no way we were going to find them. The Inc lords were not people you'd find. They were people who found you.

With Ralph making calls, Fiona, Caramel and Ivy comforting each other, and Malcolm with some other officials, looking for ways to confront the issue, I stood on the side lines, feeling uncomfortable.

I couldn't help but feel responsible for this. I don't know why but, this just feels like one of those times it seemed like I had done something terribly wrong and the ones I care about was going to suffer for it.

I raked my hands through my hair.

The vibration in my pocket startled me a bit.

I quickly fished for my phone, making sure no one around me noticed, before moving to a corner, not completely out of sight.

It was an unknown number.

Hesitantly, I picked it up, looking around briefly, I placed it against my ear.

"Ethan." I froze, shutting my eyes for a minute. I guess my guts didn't lie.

"There's a black van just outside the RTR, Come out, and get in." The line went dead.

I swallowed, sliding my phone back into my pocket.

Turning, I made my way out of the little corner, meeting Ivy's gaze, already knowing she had been watching me.

The look of question in her eyes, had me gesturing her over to where I stood.

She excused herself from Fiona and Caramel, as she walked over to me. "Hey." She said as she reached me, tucking both hands to the back pocket of her jean shorts.

"Hey, how are you holding up?"

She sighed, her eyes telling me she wasn't okay. "Bad." She said. "I feel like the more time we waste, he's out there, going through God knows what."

I placed my hand on her shoulder. "We'll find him... In fact, I think I have a lead."

She got alert at this. "What lead, what is it?"

"That's the thing, I don't really know, but I know that it's a step closer to finding Roman-- I need you to stay here while I go find out more about-"

She shook her head. "Hell no, I'm not going to sit here and let you do this alone, Roman is my friend, okay? I'm not sitting this one out, whatever it is."

"Ivy, listen to me. I don't know what I'm walkng into, besides, when I'm out there, I'll need someone I trust to be in here to keep me updated."

She looked confused. "What kind of lead is this? Is it relating to the call you had just now?"

"Yeah-"

"Who was it?"

"No one of great importance, Ivy. But they know something about all this. Look," I said, going closer to her, noticing how wary of this whole situation she had gotten. "I need you to trust me on this."