19

Ivy

My anxiety grew as the footsteps at the other side of the door grew louder. After leaving school today, I made sure to make my point clear to Trev that I was serious about what I said to him, by leaving school without him.

I was so done with him and his stupid obligation to protect his stupid Inc. No reason was solid enough to justify the fact that he wiped my memories clean! He tampered with my state of mind and made me look like a fool to everyone I talked to today.

I didn't sign up for that shit. All I wanted was a boyfriend, is that too much to ask? I needed someone who'd listen to me talk on and on about nerd stuff, someone who I can play brain quiz with, without him getting tired or bored, someone to hold when things get rough. Someone to do the relationship stuff with!

Lucifer really has it hard for me right?

One second, I've got a cool boyfriend the next, he wipes my memory, claiming to protect me.

Who would have thought that having a robotic boyfriend was way worse than having a normal one?

Ordering him was easy, but handling him, was like trying to distort a Rubik's cube.

My heart leapt in my chest when I heard the sound of the door unlocking.

The door pulled open revealing Kyle and his red-black-purple eye. "What are you doing here?" His expression wasn't inviting at all.

I gulped. "Hi Kyle... I come in peace." I answered, trying to lighten the thick atmosphere.

He stood there, staring at me, with his brows raised in question.

I sighed. "Can I come in?" I asked.

"Depends." He simply stated, crossing his hands over his chest. "Are you going to pretend like you don't remember anything? Or you're just here to see Roman?"

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

Kyle sighed, opening the door wider for me to come in, which I did.

When he shot the door behind me, I turned to him few seconds after he had made himself comfortable on their seafoam blue couch, scrolling away on his phone.

I wasn't actually here to see him though, my main purpose of coming here was to see Roman, I knew for sure that he and I could unravel whatever mystery was behind our memory loss, and now that I know Trevor was behind it, I was sure the truth was at the tip of our fingers.

"You look like you're doing better." I said, trying to gain Kyle's attention.

"Do I?" He replied without looking up.

Clearing my surprisingly sudden dry throat, I spoke. "I'm sorry... About this morning. Uh... I didn't mean to-"

I stopped talking when He sighed, dropped his phone and stood up, coming to stand in front of me. "You don't have to apologize Ivy."

"As a matter of fact, I do." I answered. "Trevor was on the wrong for hitting you, I'm sorry I pretended not to remember." I lied.