47

Vote and comment:-)

An update! Thanks for your patience and your support ❤️

You may continue...

47
Roman's pov

Even if I wanted to deny the fact that there was some truth to what Ethan had said to me at school, I couldn't. He was right. My sudden withdrawal from Ivy and Ethan could come off as suspicious to people watching.

And yes, there were people watching. I might not see them, but they were there, around, peering over our shoulders like deranged hawks.

I sighed angrily, wiping the dishes as Kyle handed them over to me.

Maybe seizing to talk to Ivy was a bad idea. It was selfish. After all, we were in this together. But what the hell was I supposed to do?

I was scared.

After finding out about Fiona, it hadn't really been easy, hell no! I got to thinking. Very very very deep thoughts. What if Fiona wasn't the only one from the sector? What if there were more like her, here on Earth, disguised to an extremely unsuspecting way?

No one is actually safe.

"So..." Kyle spoke up. "I've noticed... Why the sudden distance between you and Ivy? Thought you both used to be close?"

My eyes darted over to his direction. The question was so Random and out of the blue. Besides, Kyle never really talked to me. We were like strangers who happened to be twins. "Nothing."

"It's not nothing." Kyle said. "She drops by here almost everyday after school. How come it just stops all of a sudden? Somethings wrong."

I shrugged. "We never had anything serious before. Just study lessons and all..."

"You both seemed really close. And actually, I kind of miss her presence." He said, an extra edge to his voice.

Who was I kidding? Kyle didn't ask because he cared about my relationship with Ivy. He only asked because this could ruin whatever chance he thought he had with Ivy.

I dropped the cleaning cloth, crossing my arms over my chest as I stared at him. "First you worship the girl and won't shut up about her, secondly, you start dating her best friend, lastly, you try to get with her when she's already in a steady relationship with someone else... And all this time, you knew about her feelings for you. Now that she's starting to move on, you're trying to ruin that?"

Kyle raised a brow at me. "I don't know what you're talking about." He said.

"Oh you don't? All of a sudden you start talking to her, giving her your jacket and trying to flirt with her any chance you get. You can't do that, Kyle. She's in love with someone else."

He scoffed. "She doesn't love that guy." He simply stated. "Whatever it is between them? It's not real. I can see it."

"Well then, you need to go for a eye check-up. Or maybe you need to stop trying to deny it. You lost her all because you were too chicken to claim her when you had the chance to."

His jaw clenched and unclenched. "That's not it. I didn't know what she'd say. I wasn't too chicken, okay? She wasn't exactly easy to walk up to."