25

Ivy

"Hey!" I said, dropping down on the chair, in front of Roman. "Sorry I'm late. How long have you been waiting?"

He looked up from the text book he had been reading. "Not too long." He said. "What kept you?" He asked.

"Highschool drama." I muttered. "So what's up?"

He bent to pull a paper from his bag. "Here's the article I was able to print out." He passed it to me.

There was a picture of Trevor- sorry, Ethan, and another picture of a boy who looked so much like Ethan, but in the article his name was Nathan. His twin brother. The both of them went missing after the tragic fire in their house, eight years ago.

Ethan and Nathan Murray.

If Ethan was abducted by his Inc, where was his brother? How come the both of them went missing at the same time? Did they run away? Or...

"Where did you get this article?" I asked Roman.

"That's the shocking thing... I didn't need to go far before I found it, it was already on my history box, the only problem was that, the article was taken down just when I was about to print the last part. It's no where to be found in the internet now." He said.

"So this means that we knew about his history before?"

"Yeah, I guess."

You knew too much. Trev- Ethan's voice replayed in my head.

Did I tell him? If I did, why did he lie about not knowing anything that has to do with his past.

No, he wouldn't lie. I probably didn't tell him about it.

"It's confirmed, Ivy. He's human, that means it exists. It was never shut down, that evil organization is still out there, somewhere. We have to do something about it." Roman said.

"We can't let him know that I know about it. I'll just have to keep a close eye on him." I said. "That way, we can be able to tail him together, we find the Inc, take some pretty convincing pictures and maybe hand it over to the police. What do you think?"

"I think it's not gonna be that easy." Roman said.

I scrunched my brows. "What do you mean?"

"The Inc isn't working on its own, its got to be funded by an higher chain. Why do you think no one has found out about it? Okay fine, take us for example. Few days ago we got some information about it right? Then hours later, our brains got wiped, with a lethal drug that was said to be extinct. I don't know, I just have a sick feeling that whatever's behind the Inc is bigger that the cops, or even the FBI." Roman said.

There was some truth in what he was saying. What if the project was being funded by someone bigger than the authorities? There'd be no stopping anything. "If we tell the cops, we'd be putting our lives at risk." I said.

"Exactly. We have to pick another turn, the end of the tunnel isn't looking so bright any more." He said. Closing his text book.

"Whatever it is we have to do, finding the Inc comes first." I said. "When we find it, we'll think about what to do next."

"Okay, in the main time, I'll see if I can pick up any deets on Nathan Murray, as long as he wasn't in that building when it burnt down? He's either Dead, a mental patient in a far off town, probably got his name changed, or right under our noses."

"I just hope it isn't the first one."

"Ditto."

Ethan