44

Vote and comment:-)

You may continue...

44
Ivy's pov

The golf-day had ended up with everyone assembling at Kyle's house for a barbeque, beer and soda evening. With a dull music playing in the background, and people chatting non-stop with each other.

This was my neighborhood.

Everyone knew each other, and everyone organized cool evenings like this when they're in the charitable spirit... If there's even a word construction like that.

Anyway, it had been a wonderful day.

It was exactly the kind of distraction I needed from every single little thing happening around me. I wanted to cultivate the habit of not having to worry about things I had to forget.

Things like The Inc, or like the fact that Roman had found thousands of ways to avoid me through out today. Then there's Ethan who for some reason, was ignoring me. Or even the fact that Fiona wasn't even bothered about Ethan's appearance after she saw him dead the other day.

When I brought up the issue earlier today, she had smiled and told me that she doesn't even want to hear my explanation. Infact, she said she was definitely cool with everything.

I found it all weird, and somewhat confusing.

I mean, putting myself in Fiona's shoes, I would have gone crazy trying to piece everything together. And if not for the fact that Ethan made me promise to drop all this, I would have been wracking my brain for possible reasons why his Inc would manipulate him to that extent.

But... Fiona was so cool about it. She was acting like nothing happened.

Well, I have decided to drop it, since it was also in my favor. I wouldn't have to make up an explanation for her.

Over to Roman...

He had stopped talking to me.

I tried approaching him countless times today but the moment he sees me coming, he'd move away to another direction, pointing it clear to me that he doesn't want to talk. I wonder what could have happened? Has he also started pulling back from me? Has this Inc dilemma made him feel unsafe around me?

On one hand is a brother who ran away from me like I was a signature of a plague and on the other was a brother who got extraordinarily clingy.

Kyle had been all over me, and I couldn't bring myself to get away... Ethan, well- ever since we got to Kyle's, he had mostly kept to himself, at least, not until my Mom got to him. His eyes were a shade darker and he looked lost in his own world.

I wonder how my Mom could carry on a conversation with him when he had that look on. I wonder what they're even talking about.

Why was Ethan paying attention to everyone but me?

First it was Janie.

That was probably the only thing that made my day a little bit horrible. The moment I noticed Janie by his side today, my first instinct was to head on to his other side and pull him far away from her. But Kyle had been really interested in spending the whole of today with me.