20

Ivy

Roman's room was exactly how I imagined it to be. Clean, neat and actually boring, this only made me wonder how Kyle's room would look like? They'd probably be clothes scattered everywhere, unmade bed, no books in sight, maybe a shelf for all his awards and a big poster of his favourite basketball player on his wall, close to his bed.

"Are you even with me?" Romans' voice reached my ears.

"Wh-what were you saying? Were you saying something?" I asked, clueless to whatever he might have been saying.

"I said she had red hair." He repeated the words I didn't hear earlier, but they still made no sense to me.

"Red hair? Who?"

"The girl who drugged us. I remember seeing her, just before she injected me." Roman said, taking a sip of his milk. "I've been drinking milk ever since I got home, it helps with the blank mind. Required when LT wipe was drowned down your system." He informed.

"So- you remember the girl? I mean... You saw her face?"

"Yeah... I made a sketch of what I could remember," he brought out a paper and handed it over to me. "Here, have a look."

I took it from his grip, studying the familiar face. "I've seen her before." I said, "uh... I can't remember- hold on." My eyes widened when my mind recollected where I'd seen the girl in the sketch.

"What? You remember something?" Roman asked, hope soaking his words.

"I know her, not like knowing her as a friend, but- I remember seeing her in the store Trevor and I went to... She was with him."

"Your boyfriend?" Roman asked, scrunching his brows in confusion as he took in the new information.

I sighed, plopping down on his bed, while he leaned on his reading table. "Roman, there's something you need to know about Trevor."

"If it's gonna help with whatever's happening to us, then I'd love to hear it." He said.

"Fine... Trevor isn't really a- a human." I said, watching Roman's reaction. He stared at me blankly, wondering what the hell I was going on about.

"What do you mean? Is he like a- uh... An alien... Which I know aren't real? Ha! Come on, be serious."

"I am being serious. I ordered him, from a dark site in the dark web, I guess... He's a robot."

"And my father murdered Merlin." Roman rolled his eyes.

"I'm being serious Roman." I said with utter seriousness. "It was a stupid thing to do, and honestly I never thought it was gonna happen, even after paying for him, but then he showed up at my door a second later. I still wasn't sure if he was really a robot so I asked him to cut himself. There was no blood, all I saw was iron."

"You're being serious right now." He said.

"Yes Roman." I said. "He did this to us, probably because we found out about something we weren't supposed to find out.  He told me himself, right after I left with him earlier."

"I knew robots were real but- I didn't know they could make one with such resemblance to an actual human."

"He's probably a cyborg." I suggested, running my fingers through my hair.

Roman looked like he was pondering deep about something before he spoke up.

"No... I don't think so... We would see some iron outside of a part on his body... But-- what if he's human?"

"I don't know... I saw the iron and the green light blinking from it." I said.

"I know, what if he's human, and she's human." He said, pointing to the girl in the sketch. "And maybe there's a device in them, like a- like a small- small-"

"Chip?"

"Yeah, yeah... Chip." He said, pulling his chair out. Siting down, he opened his laptop, typing away on the keyboard.

"Do you think that's possible? Or maybe his organization made them forget about their human past and installed a chip inside them to make them think and act like a computer?"

"It's possible. I know of this huge project that was about to be lunched, that was uh- about 89 to 90 years ago... It was high profiled back then. Here," he stood up, coming to sit beside me with his laptop.

I saw the article. its headlines were bold and clear in the black and white form.

TO CHANGE THE WORLD.

"They were bunch of scientist who thought of the idea and even experimented on some people. They wanted to implant this mini machines inside humans, they said it was gonna enhance their minds and give them abilities... Like... Super strength, strong vision, sound computer brain, extraordinary speed, supernatural abilities, strong reflexes, and probably the ability to tell what you're thinking by just looking at your face. But it went wrong.

The mini machine or chip was supposed to give a green light, but it turned red. The test subject had to be put down because it couldn't be contained. The government didn't approve of the project because it was too dangerous. And ever since then, it was shut down, no one heard about the founder or the workers under that project... Till this day." Roman said.

It was all clear now, this could be related to Trevor's Inc. "What if it never died down?" I asked.

"Right?" Roman said, standing up as he paced back and forth. "What if they never stopped working on it... What if there's another world out there, filled with robots and machine people? What if Trevor's one of them?"

I took in a deep breath. "This was probably it... The reason why they wiped our memories."

"You're right. We could be on to something big here. Something that can infact, change the world." Roman said. "But we'll need to have proof... Solid eye seeing, camera shooting proof."

"You're right." I said, grabbing my phone from my purse, dialing Trevor's number, but it went straight to voicemail.

"Hey, you've reached Trevor- Tre- never mind the last name... Leave a message at the beep."

"Hi, it's Ivy... Call me back when you get this." I said to the phone, before ending the call.

Letting out a strained breath, my eyes met Romans'. "We have to do whatever it takes to find that inc."

_

Vote and comment:-)

Roman and Ivy figured it out, or did they? Read on to find out.

Nora.