61

Ivy

Beautiful wasn't enough to describe the sight spread all around me. The view of the four sectors was the definition of breathtaking. 

For a dimension I was supposed to hate, I was beginning to find the reason why some people would call it home. And yes, 85 percent of the people here called the Inc dimension their home, and I saw why. 

It was their home. It was made for them...but... How about the other 15 percent? 

Basically everyone here used to belong on earth, but that doesn't erase the fact that generation after generation resided and called this place home. 

"As much as you wanna take it down, there are going to be thousands of people trying to stop you Ivy. Just like the Outside, this is home to these people." Ethan's voice reached my ear. 

The wind whipped my hair into different directions as I turned my gaze to find him looking far off into the distance. "Did you bring me here to try change my mind?" 

Hesitating, his green eyes landed on my face. "No." They searched mine, almost as if he was digging deep in search for a way to make me see reason. "I brought you here to see what you're up against." 

I swallowed, looking away. 

My gaze swept over barrier after barrier, separating one sector from another. The distant buildings lost into the horizon, the beautiful sky sheilding them from whatever lurked beyond. Separating them from where they truly belong... On the Outside... With Family. They might believe this is home, but do they even know what home is? "There's a difference between home and... Home. Ethan. This isn't home... This is prison. I just have to make them see it." 

"How?" 

"I'll think of a way." I said. 

"What if there's no way Ivy?" 

I turned towards him. "There's always a way. Trust me." 

He fell silent, just staring at me. "Why? Why do you want to help them so bad? They hate you Ivy." 

"They hate me because of the lies they've been told about the outside. They deserve to know the truth. They deserve freedom. You deserve freedom." 

He took in a deep breath. "I don't want you to get hurt Ivy." 

"I won't." 

"I want you safe." He mumbled, resting his head atop mine, eyes fluttering closed. "I want you safe, Ivy."

His words tugged at my heart. "I know." 

"So why don't you just listen to me? Let this go... Please. People will get hurt Ivy, if you continue this, people are gonna get hurt, and trust me, you don't want to have their blood on your hands... You really don't want to know what that would feel like. I don't want you to know what it feels like.