90

Ivy

I ignored the aching in my head, as I fought furiously to untie my hand, and free myself. Looking at my surroundings, I wasn't sure the security here was all that tight. The room I was kept was empty, but small, and the distant smell of cigarette smoke was in the air.

I could hear some voices from outside of the room, but I didn't dwell on what they were saying, all that mattered was my escape from this place.

It felt like a tape, what they used in tying my hands to my back and my legs to either side of the chair, so it seemed quite easy to wiggle my way out of this one.

Footsteps approached, making me go stiff on the chair.

The door suddenly pushed open, revealing the guy I recognized as Rider, from the time I had followed Ethan to Renegades.

A smirk spread across his lips. "The Rat is finally awake. How are you fairing Outsider?"

I pinned him with a glare. "I don't know how many times I have to repeat this to you Insiders. I have a name, and it's Ivy fucking Fisher!"

He nodded thoughtfully. "And the Rat has a sharp mouth. I like that."

"Why am I here? What do you want?"

He shrugged. "Nothing to do with you, Rat. I mean, this is the best way to get the boss's attention, since he's been ghosting his people for some days now."

I scoffed. "Ethan had clearly told you he didn't want to continue with this, you're just so pathetic and don't know what to do with your life if the Lithians fall apart--"

"Oh shut up, Outsider. What do you know? Just cause you created a name for yourself, doesn't mean you know everything. You call me pathetic? Well yes I admit to that, and the Lithians are the only reason why I'm sane." He said, coming closer to place both his hands on either arm of the chair, bending so his eyes directly met mine. "Lithian is home to so many people, a means to escape the reality that no one is getting out of here, unharmed. Your boyfriend, our boss, wants to ruin something so precious, wants to destroy an empire. I would never let him do that."

The determination and craving in his eyes told a different story, one that I saw myself slowly sinking into, a familiar feeling overwhelming me, as I got zapped into myself.

Opening my eyes, I could feel myself pacing back and forth in what looked like a room that had never seen clean days.

I was furious, my whole body seething with rage and hunger, hunger for something I was addicted to, but wasn't getting, deep within me, I knew that craving couldn't be satisfied until I made a dangerous move, one that scared me, and at the same time, one that seemed like the only solution to my cravings, and that of the others around me.