29

Ethan

I watched Ivy fall in line with Roman as they walked away from my view. Just then, I knew something was fishy.

I knew she promised to keep the Inc a secret and I knew she would, but I couldn't help but feel uneasy about their closeness. He could manipulate her into telling him. Ivy might be bold and sensible, but she is gullible as well.

"You both think she won't find out? Two insiders' in an outsiders' life, and not just any outsider, but a smart one. And you think she wouldn't figure you out?" Caramel voiced out, gaining my attention again.

"We're here to protect Ivy from you, Caramel." Fiona said.

Caramel smirked, moving closer to us. "You're only putting her in danger, trust me... She's going to figure you out, and when she does, I'll wipe her out before she can even open her mouth to speak."

Fiona frowned. "You wouldn't do that?"

Caramel gave an humourless chuckle. "Oh, trust me Fiona, it's all I want to do. I mean, that's my job anyway. And I'm gonna make her realize it sooner, I'm gonna put the both of you in situations that would make her ask questions. Questions that'd required a particular answer, an answer that'd would make me get this over with once and for all."

I frowned. "Stay away from her, Caramel, if you touch-"

"Oh please, we all know you're the all talk and no do kinda guy. Now though, before your threats would have meant something. So don't even try to threaten me Ethan. And besides, you also promised to protect Lacy. Where's Lacy now?" She gave a sweet smile.

The unwanted memories tried to dig their way out of my mind.

"Back off Caramel." Fiona gritted.

Caramel held both her hands up. "I'm not trying to pick a fight with you guys. Ya'all are my buds. But just like you guys, I'm on a mission of my own. To eliminate anything that poses as a threat to the Inc. once Ivy Fisher finds out, it's my job to wipe her out, along with anything that stands in my way. And I hate the outside so... You can't blame me for wanting to get out of this mission as quickly as possible." She grinned, "... catch you guys later." She saluted us before walking away.

"She's trouble." Fiona voiced out.

I watched Caramel's figure disappear down the not so crowdy hallway. "You think I don't know that?"

_

Ivy

"No way." Roman's eyes were as wide as they could get. "You were there? You saw it? Like saw it, saw it?"

"Yeah." I said, relaxing on my seat at the library. "I saw it. It was amazing Roman, everything was so bright and beautiful, people were happy. They were happy, Roman. Families, children, teenagers. Everyone looked so alive." I said, giving a far off look.

I trusted Roman, and honestly, I couldn't just keep it all to myself, I might just explode! Roman was smart, he knew better than to tell anyone about the Inc, and that was exactly why I trusted him.

He knew more about this organization than I did.

"Wow... That's really vivid. How many people are there?" He asked looking awestruck.

"Hundred, thousands, millions. They're uncountable Roman. It's like a whole new world out there. And that was just like a sector. There are three more sectors in that place, three more worlds. It's fascinating. But what I don't understand is how it's guarded from our view? How is it on earth and no one knows about it?" I asked.