37

Ivy

Imagination was one thing I loved doing... It opened my senses to different possibilities, different things you'd never think was possible; imagination was that wonderful image you had every night before you go to bed, whereby you see yourself, standing in front of a large crowd, yelling out your name and throwing you roses after a jaw dropping performance.

In all, imagination was safe.

I had pictured the Rebel sector to be less scarier than what I was currently standing and staring at.

The ground was wet, the weather was dark and chilled, the tall skyscraper buildings, hunted the skies like abandoned shadows. The sound of cackling fire was in the air, coupled with a sound of iron hitting iron. Roman and I stood in what looked like a silent street... There was no one around, and I found it really weird. It wasn't as packed as the purest sector.

I looked back at where the portal once stood.

it was long gone.

I gulped down, looking back ahead of me.

This didn't scream safe. No, it screamed danger, death, pain and agony.

Maybe Roman was right, we were supposed to be more prepared.

"Why is it so noisily silent in here?" Roman's voice was like a forbidden chill in the air... We weren't meant to be here, it was quite obvious.

I shook my head. "I don't know, I suddenly don't feel too positive about this, even the atmosphere is rejecting us."

Roman gripped his bagpack. "We shouldn't start what we can't finish... Let's look for something picture worthy and get the hell out of here." He said, taking a step forward on the wet ground.

I looked around once more, before falling in line with him.

The ground beneath our feet echoed with each step we took. As we walked further, passing through dark buildings after dark buildings, Roman brought out his camera, taking shots after shots of anything out of place.

A distant sound of a lose stringed violin, sent chills down my spine, followed by a dark wind of terror, swaying my ponytail from left to right.

"Alright, let's head back- I think we-"

"Do you hear that?" I stopped him from speaking when I heard voices from afar... It aided the sound of a distant electronic music, and careless teenagers.

"A party?" Roman asked.

"Sounds like one." I said, my feet taking me towards the direction of the sound.

Roman held my elbow immediately, pulling me back. "We can't... Its dangerous. What if we're seen?"

"Then we make sure we don't get seen." I gritted out.

"What do you mean?" He asked with clear confusion.

"We make ourselves invisible."

He raised a sarcastic brow. "Oh, then enlighten me dear miss Fisher, the grey pill wasn't supposed to make us invisible to robot people or is there something I'm missing here?" He whispered harshly with gritted teeth. "We have enough pictures already, I'm not gonna keep on pushing my luck with this... I don't know about you Ivy, but I'm sure as hell not ready to die now."