Chapter 3 - Feeling Nervous?

Hayley’s POV:

We are currently at Birmingham LG Arena, sound checking for tonight’s performance. The past two dates for this short UK Tour have been incredible. But I feel that something even better is coming. I’m not sure what yet, but I just have this gut feeling that something better is coming either from Birmingham, Nottingham or from either of the two Wembley dates. But this UK tour is certainly going to be a big part of my life for one reason or another.

The guys and I are currently going through the set list for Self-titled tour which is,

1)      Grow Up

2)      Fast In My Car

3)      That’s What You Get

4)      Decode

5)      Ignorance

6)      Interlude: I’m Not Angry Anymore

7)      Now

8)      Daydreaming

9)      When It Rains

10)   Last Hope

11)   Brick By Boring Brick

12)   Interlude: Holiday

13)   Crushcrushcrush

14)   Ain’t It fun

15)   The Only Exception

16)   In The Mourning/Landslide

17)   Pressure

18)   Misery Business

Encore

19)   Part ll

20)   Interlude: Moving On

21)   Still Into You

We chose this set list because not only does it involve songs from every album we have recorded, but it also sends a message out to the fans, about us growing up and learning different ways to get around the difficult tasks we have had to overcome within the band.

“Hayles… What do you want to eat from the food hall? Jeremy and I are going down there as we are hungry!” Taylor asks me. If I’m honest I don’t want to eat anything, I’m not hungry, I’m nervous about the next few shows, but I’m unsure why, because I don’t usually get this nervous.

“I erm uh mm, I don’t really want anything Tay, I’m not hungry.” I reply without making eye contact.

“Hayles what’s wrong?” Taylor asks me, also catching the attention from Jeremy, and heavily pregnant Kat.

“Nothing Taylor I am fine, I’m just not hungry okay?” I lie getting slightly agitated. Silently hoping it will bat off any further inquisition from Taylor or the others.

“But Hayley you are never not hungry. There must be something wrong.” Taylor chuckles but with worry thick in his voice, he begins to walk over to me, I am about to look up at him and tell him to leave me alone and get his food, before Kat quickly intercepts.

“Taylor, Jeremy go get your food and I’ll talk to Hayley, I’m sure she’s fine, probably a little bit nervous about this evenings performance!” Kat manages to stop Taylor from talking to me, as thought of food probably took over his mind as he quickly walks out of our room and down the corridor towards the food hall with Jeremy not far behind.

“Kat, honestly I am fi—“I try before being cut off from Kat.

“Do not say you are fine Hayley. I know you like a book, inside and out! Cut the crap Williams. You can tell me anything hun.” Kat snaps back but with a softness to her voice, which entices me out of my shell.

“Kat, I don’t know why but I am incredibly nervous for these next few shows, I feel like I am going to really remember this UK tour for an unknown reason. I don’t know how to calm these nerves. If I eat I will probably throw up.” I speed talk back out of nervousness.

“Look Hayley, if you are going to remember this tour for a reason, it’s going to be a good one! Maybe it’s because you will be performing at Wembley Arena at the end of the week which both shows are sold out, and you feel that you have to really perform to the best of your ability?” Kat replies with a soothing voice which calms me down.

“Yeah maybe… It probably is that.” I tiredly reply, giving up and accepting defeat.

But in the back of my mind I know it’s not for that reason. So for now I decide to ignore it and start on my vocal warm ups.

A/N

Here is the third part to Backstage Crew, I hope you are enjoying it! Will hopefully post again tomorrow or later tonight!

Thanks again Georgia!